VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requesting Advice On Filing New Claim

Rate this question

HandyRandy060

Question

We have been dealing with the VA for years. This is the first new claim in 16 years. We are seeking the SMC (minimum S) award. He has 100% P&T for PTSD, 30% for loss of sight in left eye due to RPG round, 10% for ulcers and other bowel diseases. He has a 0% award for weight due to 20 years of steroids they gave him to stop total blindness in his left eye, which didn't work. He has since had the eye removed.The sight in the right is to bad for him the pass the driver exam. The last 3 years he has been on oral meds for Diabetes II.

His back is messed up with ruptured disk, spondylosis, scoliosis and degeneration of lumbar… and along with his lack of oxygen he can only walk a few feet before he has to sit down. He is in constant pain. He is on oxygen 24/7...He has many skin problems, and his memory is terrible, but he say he is not ready to give up the Ghost...FOR ALONG TIME...unless God takes him. I realize I have posted a lot before this but I just wasn't happy with the way I wrote it.

Here are a few other health problems he has: CHF, OSA, slight enlarged heart, and E.D,dry mouth and persistent diarrhea. He never sleeps long and there are times when he will go for days with just an hour of sleep here and there. He has pain and numbness in his butt with a burning sensation in his legs and hands. His feet always hurt and burn. There are many other problems, but to many to list.

The VA has him on many different medications; he does receive Aid and Attendance 3 days a week for 3 hour per day. That took 4 months. They (VA) are putting a ramp at our front door so he can get in and out to the truck. They are going to put a lift on the truck for a scooter along with a power seat that lifts him back in the truck, but for now he is waiting. Well, I've pretty much told all of you our whole life story. I apologize for this book I have written, we just don't have anyone else to talk to about these problems. We do thank God for all he does and we know there are millions much worst off.

We both stay nervous and confused; we just need someone to help us go at this with the correct steps so we cover all bases with the VA. If anyone wants to step into all this and guide us we will be forever grateful.

A GRUNTS WIFE FOREVER

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Philip. I'd use the VA Form #21-4136, Statement In Support of Claim, simply because it is in a format that the VA employees are used to seeing.

Thank your husband for his service, and may G-d bless him, and you, and bring you peace.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Philip. I'd use the VA Form #21-4136, Statement In Support of Claim, simply because it is in a format that the VA employees are used to seeing.

Thank your husband for his service, and may G-d bless him, and you, and bring you peace.

Yes... I believe Larry meant to write... VA Form #21-4138, "Statement In Support of Claim". The form numbers floating around the VA bureaucracy is enough to make anyone's head swim in a dyslexia circle.

Quality of life for all veterans is paramount on my New Year's wish list.

Again, Best regards to you and your family. Please give your husband well wishes, from a fellow Vietnam grunt.

CB

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, that's it, #21-4138. There are so many forms, I have a "cheat-sheet" on my I-Pod.............trouble with that is, I don't HAVE to remember the form numbers, etc., thereby making me somewhere near useless sans I-Pod. When the battery does dead, I'm lost!

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, that's it, ...

I'm lost!

You are many things to many people, 'LarryJ'...But you are ~not lost~

I'll follow you anywhere through the VA maze!!!

Happy 5771,

Bob

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

You are many things to many people, 'LarryJ'...But are you are ~not lost~

I'll follow you anywhere through the VA maze!!!

Happy 5771,

Bob

Thanks for the "vote-of-confidence".

And a Happy 2011 To You!

Live Long and Prosper!