Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Voc Rehab For Iu

cooter
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

I'm scheduled for appt. with Voc Rehab this Tuesday and want to know if I need to bring my paperwork from prior schooling, work history and resume's if I'm just applying for unemployable (IL). I understand I have to go thru the 6 hour class and take thier test's and all. My claim for TDIU was denied for reason of; "I could work sitting down". I filed reconsideration which is still pending. The SO at RO requested I seek Voc Rehab to claim I'm unemployable. So, is the paperwork needed just to seek unemployable status?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Unless Voc Rehab says you are not able to be rehabilitated this is not going to help your TDIU claim. What are you trying to accomplish? If you are accepted for rehab are you going to be able to work at the end of the program? Your SO is assuming voc rehab is going to say you can't be rehabbed. Voc rehab may not agree with that idea. You don't want to give the VA evidence unless you know what the evidence will say.

Unless Voc Rehab says you are not able to be rehabilitated this is not going to help your TDIU claim. What are you trying to accomplish? If you are accepted for rehab are you going to be able to work at the end of the program? Your SO is assuming voc rehab is going to say you can't be rehabbed. Voc rehab may not agree with that idea. You don't want to give the VA evidence unless you know what the evidence will say.

My appointment is tomorrow at 8:30, do you think I'm better off canceling it?

• HadIt.com Elder

You might as well go for the testing. Just be honest about the extent of your disabilites. They may determine you are not a good candidate for rehabilitation due to your disabilites. That would help a TDIU claim. Can I ask how old you are? That is important for your own life. Maybe you can be rehabilitated. You need to examine your own ability to work in the future.

Like John said......this may be a good thing! If the counselor finds you to be unemployable, he/she can write a letter stating just that! So this may be a good thing, I would go and be honest about your SC conditions!

B6

I'm 57 years. GED education, with no prior schooling or specialty other than the apprenteship program of 4 years to be a electrical lineman (High Liner). I worked doing that for the past 21 years until discharged with disibility retirement due to SC injury in 2008, and havn't worked since. Since the C&P examiner stated I can work secretary jobs my TDIU was denied. I filed reconcider letter stating from my Pain management Dr I can not sit more than 15 mins. because of cramps, pain,etc. The TKR I had in 2009 wasn't fully successful, therefore rating me at 60%. So, I'm not sure what Voc Rehab will say about being IU. I'll be going in blinded on what to say or do. My reconsider letter for TDIU is still pending.

If Voc Rehab says that solely due to your SC condition- you are not a candidate for Voc Rehab then this will help your TDIU claim.

"I filed reconcider letter stating from my Pain management Dr I can not sit more than 15 mins"

I was in college a few years ago- whether you attend Voc Rehab in a traditional campus setting or take on line courses-you will be required to sit for long periods of time.

I had to attend lectures on campus as well as on line, and had to participate with class members in both venues.

I had a chronic backache most of time in my last semesters -due to sitting and pouring over books for hours and doing the homework, then typing it all up and submitting it.

I suggest that you show that letter to the Voc Rehab people.

Of course an online college gives you chance to get up from the work, leave the PC in your home and walk around-for a break-----sometimes---

My exams were all 3 hours of sitting and I could not leave the PC once the timed exam was loaded by AMU.

Some of my exams required Proctor so I had to sit for 3 hours at a library computer instead of my home PC.

One test I had involved challenging an line an enlisted man in my class - we were learning how to develop 5 paragraph orders for battle command .I would type my orders and then he would respond- stuff like that----while our instructor, a Marine Corps Major, monitored us.)particularily me as I was only second civilian student AMU ever had.

It was stressful but exciting.

I don't know what courses you would take that would not require long hours of sitting in one spot in any Voc rehab situation.

Edited by Berta

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>