VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab For Iu

Rate this question

cooter

Question

I'm scheduled for appt. with Voc Rehab this Tuesday and want to know if I need to bring my paperwork from prior schooling, work history and resume's if I'm just applying for unemployable (IL). I understand I have to go thru the 6 hour class and take thier test's and all. My claim for TDIU was denied for reason of; "I could work sitting down". I filed reconsideration which is still pending. The SO at RO requested I seek Voc Rehab to claim I'm unemployable. So, is the paperwork needed just to seek unemployable status?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If Voc Rehab says that solely due to your SC condition- you are not a candidate for Voc Rehab then this will help your TDIU claim.

"I filed reconcider letter stating from my Pain management Dr I can not sit more than 15 mins"

I was in college a few years ago- whether you attend Voc Rehab in a traditional campus setting or take on line courses-you will be required to sit for long periods of time.

I had to attend lectures on campus as well as on line, and had to participate with class members in both venues.

I had a chronic backache most of time in my last semesters -due to sitting and pouring over books for hours and doing the homework, then typing it all up and submitting it.

I suggest that you show that letter to the Voc Rehab people.

Of course an online college gives you chance to get up from the work, leave the :dry:PC in your home and walk around-for a break----- sometimes---

My exams were all 3 hours of sitting and I could not leave the PC once the timed exam was loaded by AMU.

Some of my exams required Proctor so I had to sit for 3 hours at a library computer instead of my home PC.

One test I had involved challenging an line an enlisted man in my class - we were learning how to develop 5 paragraph orders for battle command .I would type my orders and then he would respond- stuff like that----while our instructor, a Marine Corps Major, monitored us.)particularily me as I was only second civilian student AMU ever had.

It was stressful but exciting.

I don't know what courses you would take that would not require long hours of sitting in one spot in any Voc rehab situation.

You perty much summed it up Berta, and even if they said I WAS employable and gave me on line collage courses at home, what job could I get afterwards? Is there a course I can take that will get me a job lying down! LOL. I was scheduled to be there this morning but the roads are iced up and couldn't get out. So now I have more time to think about going thru with it or not. But at least now I have a little more insight on what I need to do beneficial wise when weighing the odds. What I mean is, I don't want to say or do anything that may jeopardize my pending claim of IU. I'm thinking now, is to wait till I recieve the decision and then use Voc Rehab as last resort for possible NOD. It's Open Season for anymore idear's Folks!