VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Privilege Card

Rate this question

Chu Lai69

Question

Ok, just got my ID Privilege card. It says on it, for exchange's, commissary, and MWR. Does anyone know what MWR means? Thanks in advance.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

MWR means morale, welfare, and recreation. It means you can use your card to get reduced lodging at base hotels, or at a Navy logde. You can get reduced tickets for events on and around the base, This can be used at any base so if you wanted to say vacation somewhere you might save a few bucks staying at a base lodge/hotel rather than a regular hotel. I hope I explained this correctly, there are other things I'm sure that it gives you acces to. You can call the base nearest you and ask for the MWR department and they can explain what is available to you. Congrats.

/doc

A good listing of the different MWRs for the services can be found at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morale,_Welfare_and_Recreation

MWR means morale, welfare, and recreation. It means you can use your card to get reduced lodging at base hotels, or at a Navy logde. You can get reduced tickets for events on and around the base, This can be used at any base so if you wanted to say vacation somewhere you might save a few bucks staying at a base lodge/hotel rather than a regular hotel. I hope I explained this correctly, there are other things I'm sure that it gives you acces to. You can call the base nearest you and ask for the MWR department and they can explain what is available to you. Congrats.

/doc

Thank you kind sir and others for their response. Clears that up!

• HadIt.com Elder

Chu,

You can check this out too.

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/

This place is great. I have been there numerous times and I can tell from experience that these people treat you right.

If you like golf, it sits on a Championship Golf course. It is located across the street from the Walt Disney Polynesian resort. (You can pick up Disneys monorail there).

The did have a Golf Taxi to get around.

J