VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Been Pretty Sick For A Week Today

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Since last Tuesday and including up to yesterday I have been sick with a bug that causes me to have explosive diarrhea. After a couple of days my Insurance Doc had the pharmacy send me 30 pills of lomotil which I thank God for as I don't think I would have stayed out of hospital without it.

I am scheduled for oral surgery tomorrow the Dentist will pull one or two teeth. One is broken an I expect since it is a molar to be pretty difficult. Thursday I have appointments at VAMC for PCP and blood work.

I have not been on Board much and pretty weak so even when I try don't last long.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Notice of Disagreement

I disagree with Pete being sick dated Jan. 3, 2011 and desire a DR Review, on the following issues:

1. Diarrhea. This illness is unnecessary to the proper rating of the claim.

2. Dental Conditions...Also unnecessary.

3. Weakness. This condition is particulary troubling and should be a CUE on the basis that this weakness means that the Veteran is unable to maintain substantial hobbies such as being a big help on hadit.

4. I am also apply for a Later Defective Date (LDD) on all illnesses, preferably not before year 2080.

Hello Pete, I am sorry your not feeling well, I have not been on much myself but saw your illness and wanted to wish you well on your upcoming events. I have IBD and take lomotil which is the only thing to stop that dreaded Diarreha. You and I are having tooth problems also and I go Wed to dentist for a problem . Hopefully no pulled teeth. Pete we all need you here as you help so many and have been a real encouragement to me to try and hang in there. I will be praying for you too. God Bless, and remember .....NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Pete,

I hope you get better soon.

If you are taking any sort of blood thinners/anti clotting meds, like Plavix, normally you are supposed to be off of it for about a week prior to a procedure. You might want to check with the oral surgery clinic about it.

Hello Pete, I am sorry your not feeling well, I have not been on much myself but saw your illness and wanted to wish you well on your upcoming events. I have IBD and take lomotil which is the only thing to stop that dreaded Diarreha. You and I are having tooth problems also and I go Wed to dentist for a problem . Hopefully no pulled teeth. Pete we all need you here as you help so many and have been a real encouragement to me to try and hang in there. I will be praying for you too. God Bless, and remember .....NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

rice helps me... lots of rice,, 2x a day... no gravy of any type.. but also I take morphine..

Pete I'm so sorry to hear about your illness, but don't worry, I

know a Man that takes care of His angels. Will give him a call

tonight.

We can't afford to lose your help here at the community. That is

why you are missed when you don't respond to the calls for help

here on the board.

Notice of Disagreement

I disagree with Pete being sick dated Jan. 3, 2011 and desire a DR Review, on the following issues:

1. Diarrhea. This illness is unnecessary to the proper rating of the claim.

2. Dental Conditions...Also unnecessary.

3. Weakness. This condition is particulary troubling and should be a CUE on the basis that this weakness means that the Veteran is unable to maintain substantial hobbies such as being a big help on hadit.

4. I am also apply for a Later Defective Date (LDD) on all illnesses, preferably not before year 2080.

Funny...but I love it, and so true :)