VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Victim Of The Hollidays

Rate this question

88 mike

Question

I found out monday that my decesion was made on my claim a month ago and it is still with the rating board. So when I asked why I was told that they were not sure and it is "PROBABLY" sitting on someone's desk waiting to be transfered to authorizaton. So tuesday I drove two and a half hours to my VARO to see if I can get a straight answer. NO!! When Iasked what was the hold up, they could not say except for It's "PROBABLY" heavy case loads. So they had me do another financial hardship form and it was supposed to be forwarded to who is working on my claim immediately. Today i called the 1 800# today and I was told that it is still with decision team and I was a victim of Christmas and New Years and that is why it is still in th rating department. A Victim? She was right and we all are !!What kind of crap is that!! Oh yeah, they love to say thank you for your service at the end. They have a funny way of showing it!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

88 mike,

Also, for right now many claims are going on the back burner so

the VBA can clear out some claims that fall under Nehmer and

also the newer presumptive regs.

At least this is my understanding.

I found out monday that my decesion was made on my claim a month ago and it is still with the rating board. So when I asked why I was told that they were not sure and it is "PROBABLY" sitting on someone's desk waiting to be transfered to authorizaton. So tuesday I drove two and a half hours to my VARO to see if I can get a straight answer. NO!! When Iasked what was the hold up, they could not say except for It's "PROBABLY" heavy case loads. So they had me do another financial hardship form and it was supposed to be forwarded to who is working on my claim immediately. Today i called the 1 800# today and I was told that it is still with decision team and I was a victim of Christmas and New Years and that is why it is still in th rating department. A Victim? She was right and we all are !!What kind of crap is that!! Oh yeah, they love to say thank you for your service at the end. They have a funny way of showing it!

When these agents answer the phone, there #1 goal is to get you off the phone as quickly as possible as they have different stats they are graded on, one which is talk time. The quicker they can get the Vet off the phone the lower their stats. How do I know? I have been working in call centers for over 10 years and they all use the same type of stats. Thats why the phrase"is there anything else I can help you" is used-this is the closing of the call-letting you know that your time is up. The more calls they take, the lower the talk time, ect, that is job security. Thats why they will use anything to get you off the phone,-they have no idea about most of the issues you are asking, they are there to give you basic information only. If you are asking them questions that they have no answer for, you are wasting their time and driving up there stats. They will then take this out on the next caller to try to get him off the phone quicker to make up for your lenghty call. I hope this helps on why we get the treatment by calling the 800#. And if the agent says they will file something on your behalf, don't believe them. File it your self. I just check my c-file and nothing was ever filed by the 800#. THe VA takes all the simple rates, and does them 1st. When your file has been sitting on someones desk too long, it gets stamped priority with how may days its been sitting in limbo.

My advice, Mike is to chill. Obviously there is not much you can do about it, so when the going gets tough, the tough go fishing. Yes, I know you want to strangle some $71,000 per year VA employee who got their Christmas bonus and shopping early, while you didnt get yours. I have been through that for years. Take your revenge out on your politicians at the voting booth. Fire those responsible, and dont worry about "collateral damage". Just get rid of them all.

When these agents answer the phone, there #1 goal is to get you off the phone as quickly as possible as they have different stats they are graded on, one which is talk time. The quicker they can get the Vet off the phone the lower their stats. How do I know? I have been working in call centers for over 10 years and they all use the same type of stats. Thats why the phrase"is there anything else I can help you" is used-this is the closing of the call-letting you know that your time is up. The more calls they take, the lower the talk time, ect, that is job security. Thats why they will use anything to get you off the phone,-they have no idea about most of the issues you are asking, they are there to give you basic information only. If you are asking them questions that they have no answer for, you are wasting their time and driving up there stats. They will then take this out on the next caller to try to get him off the phone quicker to make up for your lenghty call. I hope this helps on why we get the treatment by calling the 800#. And if the agent says they will file something on your behalf, don't believe them. File it your self. I just check my c-file and nothing was ever filed by the 800#. THe VA takes all the simple rates, and does them 1st. When your file has been sitting on someones desk too long, it gets stamped priority with how may days its been sitting in limbo.

This is simply NOT TRUE. I have called the #800 many many times and have never been cut short or made to feel like the operator was on a time limit??? Some of the BS again that comes out of here just flat out p****s me off. Some of you need to get off the NEGATIVITY HORSE. Evey vet here has enough NEGATIVE thoughts to deal with then to keep hearing all this crap. Sorry had to vent that. It just gets old.

My advice, Mike is to chill. Obviously there is not much you can do about it, so when the going gets tough, the tough go fishing. Yes, I know you want to strangle some $71,000 per year VA employee who got their Christmas bonus and shopping early, while you didnt get yours. I have been through that for years. Take your revenge out on your politicians at the voting booth. Fire those responsible, and dont worry about "collateral damage". Just get rid of them all.

YES!!!!!! though the thought of a B-Slap sure would be nice..