VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus Statement For Ptsd - Triggers

Rate this question

annahonda

Question

Hi everyone,

First of all I want to thank you for all the information I get from this site. My question is about the needed nexus statement for a PTSD claim. I recently had a C and P exam and the closest thing to a Nexus was the last paragraph.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

"After reading the C-Folder , the electronic medical records and the medical literature it is reasonable to conclude that the veterans allegations of manifesting PTSD as a result of sexual abuse(victim) are considered credible and the PTSD in question is fully linked to the service. The conclusions of these reports are based purely on the veterans allegations. This examiner does not have independent verifiable information as the veteran never reported the incident."

I have read through the forum that a nexus must read 'as likely as not" or "more than likely". Does this mean that I will still need to get a Nexus statement from another source?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

PTSD claims need verified proof of a stressor.

Do you have a vet rep holding your POA?

To add -= this case

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files2/1014689.txt

and others at the BVA web site (google the VA main site, then go to the BVA decision search page)

reveal what VA looks for as evidence in these types of claims.You do have evidence that your work performance deteriorated after this event.VA considers that evidence.

You also have "medical reports four months ofter the incident showing suicidal ideations, and depression."

Did you mention depression as well as PTSD in your claim?

Did the inservice medical reports state that your depression and/or suicidal ideation was due to the sexual assault?

Do you have those records (in copy of your SMRs)and have you submitted them to the VA?

Or has VA obtained those records by now?

During the 20 years since this event have you had any private therapy or treatment for depression or PTSD?

If so is VA aware of those private records?

Edited by Berta

Thanks for all the help first of all, yes a have the DAV holding my POA.

I did mention depression and anxiety secondary to PTSD in my claim.

No, the inservice medical reports did not state that the depression/or suicidal ideation was due to the sexual assault. I was too ashamed and blamed it on a familly members death at the time.

I do have copies of the medical records showing the trip to the emergency room for the depression /or suicidal ideation and it was submitted with the claim and the VA,

I have recently had private therapy and was diagnosed by the VA for PTSD. I have been in once a week treatment through the VA for PTSD.

I forwarded the private treatment records and the VA treatment records to the VA.

I do not have a Nexus statement stating "more likely than not", the only thing close to a Nexus is the statement made by the examiner during my C and P exam. "After reading the C-Folder, the electronic medical records and the medical literature it is reasonable to conclude that the veterans allegations of manifesting PTSD as a result of sexual abuse are considered credible and the PTSD in question is fully linked to the service. The conclusions of these reports are based purely on the veterans allegations. This examiner does not have independent verifiable information as the veteran never reported the incident."

I am ot sure if I am still able to get an Independent Medical Opinion or Examination done since the new PTSD regs changed, my claim was filed in May 2010. My VA therapist says she cannot write nexus reports. i will if you think this would help my claim.

So that is what I have: 1-VA diagnosis of PTSD 2-What I feel is strong alternative evidence(what the VA thinks is another story) 3-A possible Nexus statement from a VA C and P examiner if my Stressor is conceded.

And DAV helped me with absolutely none of this.

The new PTSD rules do NOT allow the VA to even consider an IMO.

It is grossly unfair.

The new rules are in this topic.

The new PTSD rules (which have been challenged in court) are here: