Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
jbasser

Svr Radio Show 1-12-2011

We are going to discuss all aspects of CUE ont his show so make plans to listen.

Dont miss it. The SHow starts at 5:30 PM central time.

J

Ad

Show starts 5:30 Central time - 6:30 Eastern time.

If you want to maybe learn a little something - be there !

Please note we have switched servers and not everything is working the way it should so if you click on a link and get this

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Suggestions:

• Access a cached copy of www.­hadit.­com/­VA_General_Couns­el_Precedent_Opi­nions
  • Go to www.­hadit.­com
  • Search on Google:
    Then click on cached copy that will take you to a copy of the page until i get them all updated.

Demo Video on How To Search HadIt.com and other sites as well http://hadit.com/searching_hadit.swf

38 CFR 20.1403 http://ow.ly/3CRTY

Search Results for a CUE on the HadIt.com site http://ow.ly/3CQXX

CUE http://ow.ly/3CRaD

Can one ask for reconsideration of a claim without submitting new evidence, if one claims a clear and unmistakable error (CUE)?

Yes, but there has to be a clear and unmistakable error in the decision. If there isn't it does no good to claim that there is. The person looking at the claim of clear and unmistakable error can only change the prior decision by calling it CUE and this must be signed off on by the Service Center Manager. He/she can't change the decision simply by substituting his/her judgement for the original decision maker. So consideration of CUE is not really a "reconsideration". All they are doing is looking to see if there was an error in statement of fact or application of a law that resulted in an erroneous decision (see also "Clear and Unmistakable errors").

Re-opening claims:

Applying for an increased evaluation:

If you are already receiving service-connected compensation from VA for a/or disability(ies) a/or disease(s) and they have gotten worse since the last rating decision, you can request an increase in evaluation from VA. This is also known as a claim to Re-open. To do this you just need to write the VA a simply letter with your claims number on it (usually your SSN) stating that you believe your service-connected disability(ies) have gotten worse and you would like an increase in evaluation. Along with this letter you should attach any treatment records pertaining to your service-connected disability(ies) since your last C&P exam and rating decision. Once the VA receives your request for an increase, it will go to the Pre-Determination Team and go through the steps I previously mentioned in reference to an initial claim. In other words, you’ll receive that “Duty to Assist” letter again and all the things surrounding it. After your claim is “Ready to Rate,” it will go to the rating activity for a decision, just like a normal claim would. Once the RVSR has made a decision, the rating goes to the Post-Determination team to be promulgated as would an initial rating does. If you disagree with the RVSR’s decision, you can appeal that decision just as any other rating decision outlined in “Appealing an issue with VA.”

Call In Number call in 213 286 1201 access code 181 642 894

Help! I can't find the archive file for this show... I looked in the archive list and don't see it. Am I looking right at it and not seeing it (like I do the car keys or book I'm looking for?)

Thanks for the archives!! Awesome information there and listening to them makes me feel like I have some company. You know what I mean, familiar voices now.

• Ads

• Ad

• Latest News
  • Our picks

• OK so I had pancreatectomy in 2003 due to an impacted goldstone 2/3 of my  Pancreas was removed I am type one diabetes with very large scars continued diarrhea stomach problems Constant back and shoulder pain I recently received a Nexus letter from my  endocrinologist related to my service in the gulf war.  Any suggestions or advice from anyone
    • I would like to meet other Hadit members who live in Michigan.  We have at least two major VA Hospitals (Battle Creek, Ann Arbor).  Or maybe you go to the the John Dingell in Detroit.  

I like Ann Arbor.  I like the fact that most of the doctors there are also at the UM Hospital.  I don't like how uickly they seem to turn over though.  
      • 4 replies
    • Really?
      I am confused.  A few days ago I spoke to a person at a VARO who said if I die from something other than service-connected my husband gets zero, zilch, squat.  Hmmmmmm, it seems the rules change willy-nilly...I have been rated 100% P & T for over 10 years, MS is static, and I am 56 years of age.

Can a fellow Veteran shed a light on this?

Thank you.
        • Haha
      • 15 replies
    • Fund raising for HadIt.com
      The site is supported through ads and ad free subscriptions, we are also asking for any support you would like to send our way. You can give a $1 or more it all helps. Keep in mind though that it is NOT tax deductible and we are NOT a non profit. As the site grows so do the costs and ads and subscription do not always keep pace with the costs. Any help is appreciated, but not required.
      • 11 replies
    • Carol Ozanecki- Blue Water vet Advocate called me with this news:

https://www.stripes.com/news/lawmakers-launch-new-effort-to-provide-agent-orange-coverage-for-blue-water-navy-vets-1.525395

Also there is a article in Pop Culture she sent to me----mentionig Blue Water vets buy I felt it was too political to post here. You can google it if you want to read it.

• 10 replies

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines