VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received My Rating

Rate this question

D_Sizzle

Question

Well, I finally received my rating of 80% (very happy)!!! However, my backpay doesn't add up, but my question is this. Will the disability pay show up on my RAS? If not, will I receive a separate monthly statement? Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

V/r

Dave

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It will be explained on the award letter. there is no monthly statement.

Go ahead and change your disability percentage on your control panel.

J

Edited by jbasser

If you think they made a math error write to them and show them on paper what you feel the error was.

They corrected a 5 figure error on one of my claims in 3 weeks when I sent them my calculations.It went to Finance to be fixed.

But it was only an addition and multiplication error. (It pays to check their math!)

But is your back pay problem involving the EED? If so ,as John said, the award letter will show how they determined that.

Upon request the VA will prepare an audit of payments but it was their audit,in my case, that was wrong.They had left out an entire year of DIC but reading the audit-it was quite difficult to see the error at first.

PS I am sure you did this but did you subtract from the retro, the total amount of any comp you received during the EED time frame?

QWas there any dependents changes in that time frame?

My accrued award always seemed wrong to me.

Three years at 100 % (new SC accrued for my husband) less same 3 years at 30 %SC .

Then again this was a widow's two years of accrued claim and I think they pick the cheapest 2 years instead of the 2 years immediately preceeding death.

Great news!! Hope you get the correct numbers all straightened out.

Lorraine