VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disgraceful- Waco

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdogtoday.org/

"UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS

FOR VETERANS CLAIMS

Brown, and Wortham, Petitioners

v.

Eric K. Shinseki, Respondent

CAVC No. 11-0076

PETITION FOR EXTRAORDINARY RELIEF

IN THE NATURE OF A WRIT OF MANDAMUS

01/14/2011

"Jim, I have the evidence! The caregivers of these veterans

(in Waco) are writing up wills on the veterans,

having them sign over all of their assets to either

the caregiver, or their family members."

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

to add here

Jim Strickland has been getting complaints regarding the VA fiduciary program for quite some time and has been aggressively looking into it. Please read my coment at VAWatchdogToday as this could happen to ANY veteran-in situation similiar- as within this past VAWatchdog article:

http://www.vawatchdogtoday.org/Fiduciary_Appointments.html

Frankly, it is not hard for me to beleive that thieves will search out victims who cant defend themselves, such as Vets with a fiduciary. That is, not all thieves are stupid...most muggers wont try to mug "Iron Mike" Tyson, and would prefer a little bit easier prey, such as an 85 year old Vet with dementia.

But....where are all these Veterans Service Organizations whose Vets they represent are being "ripped off"? Im not a VSO, but I can tell you that if I were, and one of my Veterans I helped get benefits had them stolen by a fiduciary, I would be more than a little bit mad.

Dont those VSO's get money from the government for representing Veterans interests? It looks to me like they should have to pay that money back if they cant/wont even defend mentally handicapped Vets from thieves.

Waco, who would have thunk it. It has only taken them 36 months to decide my claim, oh, wait, I still haven't received it. Major ripoff. I think I will have to ask Waco for an update, just to tick them off.

I made lite of the issue, but its no laughing matter. I have had my doubts about the Waco office for some time, they were right smack in the middle of the shredding issue, they have had some of their own employees complain about racial matters. And now they are playing Robin Hood, with the patients. Not to mention holding on to my claim as if is theirs.

At some point General Shinseki has to go spend a couple of weeks, if not send some of his people down there to investigate for months, the way they do business.

There was once a United States Senator from the state of Wisconsin. While in open session of Congress another Senator inquired of Senator McCarthy; Senator have you no shame ?

Perhaps that statement should also be asked of the Veterans Administration and especially WACO VARO. WACO have you no shame ?

Edited by rthomass

I think it is time for heads to Roll. It really seams as if this is Business as usual. I know the prior VSCM retired last February. So the current VSCM has not been there a year and we are already hearing unsavory details. This type of behavior is deeply rooted in this VARO, and it is time to root it out.