VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Tdiu

Rate this question

jerlor

Question

I have been awarded 100% TDIU w/o any future exams. Although I have a 70% service connected disability. My wife gets Champ VA healthcare. My question is, do I have Armed Forces Commissary & Exchange privileges. If so, how do I go about getting to the PX? What proff will I have to provide and where do I get that proof? I live pretty close to wright Patterson Air Force Base.

I do have the VA letter stating that I am 100% TDIU.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm not sure how that works but if you call your local DAV or American legion they should be able to point you int the right direction. I'm curious, I am waiting on a decision on tdiu myself and I was wondering how long it took for you to get a decision?? I have been waiting since sept 24th for a decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been awarded 100% TDIU w/o any future exams. Although I have a 70% service connected disability. My wife gets Champ VA healthcare. My question is, do I have Armed Forces Commissary & Exchange privileges. If so, how do I go about getting to the PX? What proff will I have to provide and where do I get that proof? I live pretty close to wright Patterson Air Force Base.

That letter, believe it or not, will not suffice. Get on the phone and call the VA 1-800# and tell them that you need the MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) letter from your local VA Regional Office. Then simply take that letter to the main gate at Wright Patterson and they will direct you to the Visitor's shack where you will be photographed and your tan card will be issued. Take all the family members with you so's they can get their cards also. Also take the vehicle registrations and proof of liability insurance for each vehicle that you will be using on base and they will issue your vehicle windshield stickers at that time.

Enjoy this benefit. The Wife and I usually make a monthly run to the Naval Air Station for "supplys"! We get a kick out of it................but, then, we are easily entertained!

• HadIt.com Elder

This is easy. Call the 800 number and ask them for a letter that certifies you as a Permanent and totally disabled vet entitled to a MWR ID card.

Take the lettter to Wright Patterson and go to the office that has the Deers ID machine.

Take the following:

1: letter.

2: Marrriage License. (If you were maried while in service to the same person she may also be in DEERS.

3: The Kids Birth Certificates.

They will make the cards on the spot and you can get your vehicle sticker as well as Commissary and PX at Will. ALso you can use base recreation.

JBasser

A vet friend of mine just got his 100% P & T award and already got his base card -you need to google the closed place you can get one at -

He brought his DD 214 and his VA award letter with him.Also the VA gave him a VA Form 21-8760 to fill out for the base card which he brought there too.

He went to the VARO to get that but if they didnt send it I am sure you can find this form at the main VA web site under Forms.

Gee -I read this too fast-

Others gave different advise but maybe they mean the same form?????

I was told I had to make Appointment first with the Reserve Station near Elmira for the DEERS card.

Just popping in with this:

I checked the website of my nearest installation for info on getting ID Cards. They STRONGLY recommend you call in advance and get an appointment. From what I read, Walk-Ins can be stuck waiting for ages for a slot to open between folks with appointments. If it's a busy day, you might have to come back.

<br><br>I guess it depends on how many people they serve at your installation. I suspect the big places like Ft Bragg or Norfolk NAS would have a lot of people coming through. Maybe the places in the warm, sunny climates would do a lot of Retirees at this time of year?

Anyway, it's a thought.

Good luck!<br><br><br>ETA:&nbsp; LOL, Berta... I read <i>your </i>post too fast or I would have seen that you called ahead for an appointment, making my same point.&nbsp; Heh, me not so swift!<br>

Edited by hedgey