VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No C&p Exam?

Rate this question

Clarke221

Question

Trying not to read too much into it, but I'm really curious about this, and since it's the holiday, can't call our VARO to ask.

We submitted a claim for multiple things for my husband in late November. He's been to 3 C&P exams, and in the letter they sent that was all they said he would go to. Those were for PTSD, knees and back, and hearing/tinnitus. We also submitted a claim for his heart (he has a defibrillator and has been diagnosed with ARVD) along with no less than 100 pages of medical records as proof. Because we've never been through this, I just thought they would do a C&P for his heart too. Since they aren't going to do one, is this a bad sign, or are they just skipping that appointment because we submitted enough evidence that he has a condition and a defibrillator?

Thanks in advance!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Jbasser, no he has not taken either. He is on amiodarone for his heart, as well as about 6 other medications. As for the heart caths, those, along with a cardiac MRI were sent with his records. He had an 18 day stay in the hospital, most of it in ICU, with two heart caths, an MRI, and the defibrillator implantation. Thank you for the BVA website, I will take a look at it.

Pete, he is not working. He is on short term disability with his company now, and we are in the process of filing for long term. We are also about to submit a claim for social security. Hoping that will help us with the VA.

Also thought I would add, there is nothing in his SMR's that shows heart issues. He had palpitations while in the army but was told since he never had them during duty hours not to worry about them. His troop was big on the "quit being a baby" thing and told all their soldiers to suck it up and deal with it unless something was broken or life threatening. This is the only thing I feel could hurt us. Just need to get that IMO.