VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

30 Percent Letter Before Final Ruling

Rate this question

parforever

Question

I have a friend who has obvious disabilities that will make her well over 30% disabled. She has a government job lined and has been hired however there is person coming in that has been rifted. The hiring authority has told her unless she is a 30 percent vet they are going to have to hire the other person. She has done her retirment C&P in September and is waiting the final results.

Does anybody know if she can get a letter stating she will be at least 30 percent before the final percentage is done? I have searched and thought at one time I had read were you could get a letter early.

Thanks!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm trying to understand your post, but Carlie is correct. Your friend has Veteran's preference whether or not she is 30% or not. However, some Government job announcements clearly state that the Veteran must be at least 30%. So, the first thing would be to look at the job announcement for the position she applied under. I don't understand the "she has done her retirement C&P in Septemember and is awaiting the final results". I just might be misunderstanding this, but if she receives good news from her C&P, does that mean she would quit her Government job? If so, and these people know that, they will do anything from bringing her on board. They just don't like to bring people on board, train them, and have them leave in a few months.

Papa

I have a friend who has obvious disabilities that will make her well over 30% disabled. She has a government job lined and has been hired however there is person coming in that has been rifted. The hiring authority has told her unless she is a 30 percent vet they are going to have to hire the other person. She has done her retirment C&P in September and is waiting the final results.

Does anybody know if she can get a letter stating she will be at least 30 percent before the final percentage is done? I have searched and thought at one time I had read were you could get a letter early.

Thanks!