VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Rate By Disability

Rate this topic

Is there a table online some where that tells you what each smc rate pays for. For example for SMC due to house bound what rate are you paid at. And as for the smc rates... does that include you compensation funds and you smc or is that in addition to your percentage. just trying to under stand smc and know where I can get more info about it.

thnx

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rate tables for SMC are all at the VA web site.

Go to the site index , to disability compensation and then there will be a link to the rates.

SMC S and K are paid in addition to regular 100& or TDIU.

The higher levels, L,M.N P and R, etc have the VA regular VA comp rate absorbed into the rates there.

For example a single vet rated at R-2 SMC would receive $7,650 per month.

His or her check would include the 100% rating as part of the SMC R-2 rating, but not in addition to it.

Betha or anyone that can answer this question/ where can I look up case law concering SMC past ratings and what defines a SMC rating itself? i have yet to get mt rating much less an exact percentage for my current medical issues involving my back problems that cause me so much pain on simple movements. any thoughts or links would be helpful. I do have time to try and word my response should my claim fail. I think if more people that actually work for the VSO offices could take the time to properly word veterans claims a lot more veterans would not have some of the problems they face now. have a good day... I went and did some scratching and found the tables and definitions. I do honestly beleive that we as veterans if possible by using forums like this to research our own cases and not do as i have done in the past and depended on the VSO office to word our claims. I retract my need for help I found it on the VA Web site. The way you word a claim can cause you to wait a long time until you get it right. I looked it up under case law at the BVA court of appeals if that helps anyone? Adios..

Edited by oldman273

The best source of SMC info in my opinion s in the Veterans Benefit Manual by NVLSP.Its cost is I believe 130 bucks for advocates for the newest edition.

Amazon.com might have some cheaper older versions.

SMC has not changed in years.

They have the combos and the SMC chart there in the VBM. Due to copyright law I only have permission from NVLSP to post very short excerpts here from the VBM and re: SMC there are no short excerpts.

These are very helpful guides as SMC is the most complex disabilty issue we have.

38 USC 1114 contains the regs and the BVA web site can be searched for SMC decisions.

I used to donate a copy of every new VBM to my former reps so they or vets in their office could use it.

One day the Manager there told me the VMBs were in an upstairs office because only one rep ever read it.Vets didnt even have access to it.

I feel it should be mandantory that ALL reps buy this manual annually and use it.I won FTCA and 1151 and all of my claims by using the VBM.