VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This One Claim Or Four

Rate this question

gousto64

Question

I JUST HAD SURGERY ON MY LEFT SHOULDER AND ARM AND IT READS

OPERATIVE PROCEDURES PERFORMED:

1. LEFT SHOULDER ARTHRISCOPIC BICEPS TENODESIS.

2. LEFT SHOULDER ARTHRISCOPIC SUBACROMIAL DECOMPRESSION AND BURSECTOMY.

3. LEFT SHOULDER ARTHROSCOPIC ROTATOR CUFF AND LABRAL DEBRIDEMENT.

4. LEFT SHOULDER PLATELET RICH PLASMA ARTHROCENTESIS.

MY QUESTION IS THIS, IF I FILED A CLAIM WHOULD THIS BE CONSIDERED ONE INJURY OR FOUR.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

IMHO it will boil down to one claim. You wont receive compensation for surgery with a possible exception of temporary 100% while you are recovering, tho I doubt even that. You will only receive compensation to the extent that the surgery was unsuccessful at giving you back full range of motion with your arm. If, after surgery and recovery, you are unable to fully use your arm, then you may get compensation for limited use of your arm. The VA does not compensate you for "pain and suffering" during surgery except that, as already mentioned, you may get temporary total while you are recovering from surgery, especially if it means you are going to be off work for 3 months or so.

FIRST THANKS FOR YOUR TIMELY REPLIES

I'M RECEVING 30% FOR MY RIGHT SHOULDER AND I,VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE VA TO DO SOMETHING TO EAS MY PAIN THEY SAID WE WILL SUPPLY YOU WITH MEDS AND EXRAYS MRI,S BUT THATS IT .IF DID,NT HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE TO HIRE A DOCTOR WHO WAS WILLING TO TREAT ME AS IF I WAS,NT A 5150 SECTION 8 AND BELIVE WHEN I SAID THAT THE PAIN IN MY SHOULDER AND ARM WAS REAL, THE OPERATION PROVED THAT THERE WAS MORE DAMAGE THAN THEY WERE WILLING TO ADMIT . KNOWN I HAVE 3 MONTHS AWAY FROM WORK ON SHORT TERM DISABILITY AND LOSS OF INCOME.

BUT I ALSO WANT TO REPORT THAT MY DOCTOR IS WILLING TO GIVE A IMO WE WEIGHTING ON A COMPLETE SMR,S .TO SEE IF WE CAN FIND A NEXUS

BETWEEN THE RIGHT SHOULDER DISABILITY AND THE LEFT SHOULDER THAT I CLAIM AS OVERUSE .MY QUESTION IS IF WE ARE SUCESSFUL

WHOULD THE 4.26 BILATERAL FACTOR APPLY.