VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Carpal Tunnel

Rate this question

pelicanbrave

Question

Before leaving active duty in January of 2000 I filed a claim through the VA for four things: Three left knee surgeries, Hypertention, Hearing Loss, and Right Wrist Gangleon Cyst. A was awarded 20% for my left knee and 10% for Hypertemtion, the other two conditions I was denied for. Nine months after I got out of the service I went to the ER for Back Pain, pain in my right wrist and numbness in my fingers in my right wrist. Earlier this year I filed a claim for Carpel Tunnels on my right wrist and I noticed something the ER doctor had written on my exit report. It states: Most likely Carpal Tunnel, versus the ganglion cyst that is not palpable at this time. Patient has a positive Tinnels Sign. Since this was within one year of leaving the service and I have in service medical records where I went to Sick Call for a wrist problem, will this be a no brainer claim and the ER report clearly states that I had a positive Tinnels sign within one year of discharge. I also had a nerve enduction test done through the VA in Charleston and I was diagnosed with major carpal tunnel syndrome with no median nerve response at all. Will I need any more than that doctor's report? Please tell me if I have a valid shot at winning this claim based on the information I've provided. Thanks!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The median nerve is the only nerve that passes through the carpal tunnel, where it may be compressed to cause carpal tunnel syndrome.

According to the info you posted it should be rated under code 8515.

Have you had any C spine injuries?

You would still need a Nexus and read the change in Diagnosis criteria. It really sounds like a Slam dunk to me with possible LOU.

J

Edited by jbasser