VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Rate this topic

carlie

Congrats Carlie,

I am glad that I am not the only one happy today. Lots of hard work but you deserve it.

Fantastic- you worked hard for this mini lotto. That is a small pay out for helping everyone on here as well! Take a good vacation-you deserve it!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

halos2,

One issue granted at 60% - effective date back to 1999.

One issue granted at 30% - effective date back to 2004 (I think).

SC'd percentage now, 87.752 - rounded up to 90%.

Increase in monthly comp from 60% to 90%.

I wonder how soon they might TRY to find or happen upon a reason to reduce - lol.

Carlie, Wonderful news. Just make sure that you have the right effective date under 38 CFR 3.157 (b), 38 CFR 3.400 (q), 38 CFR 3.156, 38 USC 5108, 38 USC 5110 (b), V.A. General Counsel Precedent Opinion 12-98, 38 CFR 4.16, 38 CFR 3.340, 38 CFR 3.400 (o) (2), 38 CFR 3.155, and 38 CF$ 3.1. (The last regulation listed defines terms such as date of receipt and reopened claim.) Read Larry Ruffin v. Anthony Principi, Norris v. West, Sterling Rice v. Eric Shinseki, and Murincsak v. Derwinski. Also read the federal circuit case in Howard Roberson v. Anthony Principi. Remember that each claim was presumed to be a claim for the maximum benefits provided by law. Try a search online under maximum benefits provided by law AND veteran. If you have dependents, don't forget to file a claim for additional compensation for dependents under 38 USC 5110 (f) retroactive back to effective date of each award and make sure you provide a declaration of the status of dependents form and needed documentation within the period stated in 38 USC 5110 (f). Remember you only get one notice of disagreement so make it complete on all issues (effective date, percentage of rating, evidence of record, exams to reopen under 38 CFR 3.157 (b), eligibility for TDIU, additional compensation for dependents, entitlement to Special Monthly Compensation, etc.) if you disagree with V.A.'s decision. If you are receiving SSD for the same condition you are receiving V.A. compensation and those Social Security medical records have not been considered by V.A., request that Social Security submit copies of your medical records to V.A. in support of your pending claim. Also don't forget that if you achieve 100% rating you may be eligible for a service disabled life insurance policy with a waiver of premium; There is a deadline for requesting that policy and the waiver of premium.

:biggrin:

Congrats are definitely in order! You are a saint, each and every day this board runs! I remember receiving my first retro deposit - $24K... and I was floating on air! The very next day my SSD back monies hit the bank ($39K)!

Everything has turned around for me, mostly due to the hard research I did, this board and my advocate the DAV! I feel so strong now. Have become a DAV Chapter Service Officer and I help as many vets as I possibly can!

God Speed to you!

Greg in Maine

I know its been over a month since Carlie has gotten that fabulous award. Congrats Carlie for hanging tough, but most of all, thanks for helping the rest of us with our own plight against the system of red tape, CUE, and mismanagement.

I hope you are well, and in a position to play catch up with all that your bills. Knowing that they are paid, or a settlement has been reached has such a wonderful feeling. I hope for each of my Veteran friends here that you, too, get your just reward. Please remember, all gave some, some gave all, but most of all, we all, one day will feel no pain, and know that we are being cared for.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use