VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Being Processed

Rate this question

handler

Question

Not sure if this is the correct spot on the forum to place this but I hope so.

My question(s) are about trying to understand what actually happens along the way when claims are filed and begins the journey to the final decision.

In May of 2010 I submitted an informal claim for IHD and other items. Then in June of 2010 I finished my work on putting the claim together and submitted the 21-526. All submitted and documented at my local Service Office.

Not having access to eBenifits until earlier this year I cannot say what the status was of any of the claims prior to access. I just sat back and waited. When I was asked to submit evidence other then what I initially did, I did so as soon as possible.

In one of the requests the VARO sent me the 21-8940 form. Note that I did not claim IU in my initial claim. Form was filled out and returned to my VASO the next day.

When I finally was able to log on and take a look, I saw that I had two claims listed and their status:

1. Compensation Claim-- Dated 7/6/10

2. Status Review Claim-- Dated 7/6/10

Now, under the "Compensation Claim" they listed: (abbreviated by me)

PTSD

Hearing Loss

Tinnitus

GERD

Left Hand Injury

Scar

High Cholesterol

IU

and under the "Status Review" claim they listed: (abbreviated by me)

IH

CAD

Heart Attacks

Severe Angina

Shortness of Breath

ED

Hypertention secondary to IH

GERD due to IH and PTSD

Not all these items were not listed on my initial claim but rather they were broken out apparently by the person who read my mountain of documentation that I sent with the claim.

In December of 2010 I had my C&P exams for all the above items.

One of my questions is this.

Up until 1-11-11 both those claims were listed as in the Development Stage

On 1-11-11 Both Claims were placed in the Decision Stage

Now on 1-19-11 The "Rating Review" claim has been "CLOSED" and the "Compensation Claim" has now been put back into the "DEVELOPMENT" stage.

Can someone explain what may be going on here? I have not seen anything in the mail nor anything in my bank account so I am kind of curious at to what this means. Still sitting back waiting for something to happen.

Thanks for all your help

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Please feel free to copy my remarks here and give to your rep-

The VA should be requested to CUE themselves under auspices of 38 USC, 5109A.as they have violated your evidentiary rights within 38 SC,38 CFR and M21-1 to your detriment in a recent unappealed decision.

If the rep doesn't get that I will explain that further.

And/or a Request for Reconsideration can be made calling their attention to the errors they made regarding the SSDI award as you stated here.

I assume this is IHD from AO exposure.

Sorry if I already asked but did the VA ever deny any past IHD claim you had filed?

Even if it said Heart disease or CAD, and even if you never mentioned any AO connection-

If so please contact NVLSP-I just posted the contact info again in our AO forum here.

Edited by Berta

Thanks Berta

As soon as I return home I will be knocking on the Reps. door and diving into this more deeply. Your advise and references are fantastic and will be used.

You asked: "...did the VA ever deny any past IHD claim you had filed?" No, this is my very first claim of any type. There are multiple issues (IHD, PTSD, ED....) but all are first time claims.

And yes, it is IHD from AO exposure. They have agreed without question that the IHD is presumptive due to my time in Vietnam.

handler

Please feel free to copy my remarks here and give to your rep-

The VA should be requested to CUE themselves under auspices of 38 USC, 5109A.as they have violated your evidentiary rights within 38 SC,38 CFR and M21-1 to your detriment in a recent unappealed decision.

If the rep doesn't get that I will explain that further.

And/or a Request for Reconsideration can be made calling their attention to the errors they made regarding the SSDI award as you stated here.

I assume this is IHD from AO exposure.

Sorry if I already asked but did the VA ever deny any past IHD claim you had filed?

Even if it said Heart disease or CAD, and even if you never mentioned any AO connection-

If so please contact NVLSP-I just posted the contact info again in our AO forum here.