VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Uneducated Appeals Management Staff

Rate this question

onlyluvchi

Question

I have been for the life of me trying to figure out why Appeals Management Center, is holding up my claim? The regional Office keep telling that AMC is still waiting for my employment records for my old employers. Well I have not been in the Air Force since 1977, not worked at the Veterans Hospital since 1979 and not worked at the US Postal Service since 1997 so where do they think they would fine my work records? Ahh they are in St. Louis with everyone else's records who ever worked for the government or civil service. Than tell me why they wait 8 years to look for them, because they were told to experdite my claim way back in 2008 now its 2011 and they still waiting for the above information. Then it takes them 21 days to get a fax, 30 days to return a phone call. Wow are we in the world of computers or what or are we still writing on cave walls and riding horses? Come on Appeals Management Center, its the year 2011 not 1856. I have contact my state senator and they give him the run around also, then you can not I mean can not contact AMC because they will not give out their phone number. And this is the people in charge of our claims. I am one fed up sister I got approved by BVA for my benefits in 2008 it took them until 2009 to mail a check and continue with the rest of the amended appeal and was instructed to rush it? I have helped hundreds of other veterans with their appeal and they have gotten everything approved and gone about their business. People I have known since 2001 are not longer attending meetings at VA hospital but have moved out of state etc. Many of them did not deserve the benefits they received (they continue using drugs spend their benefits then return back to the VA hospital to get more.) and here I am one who has service connection injuries cant get my claim resolved, something is wrong with this picture.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I have been for the life of me trying to figure out why Appeals Management Center, is holding up my claim?

People I have known since 2001 are not longer attending meetings at VA hospital but have moved out of state etc.

Many of them did not deserve the benefits they received (they continue using drugs spend their benefits then return back to the VA hospital to get more.) and here I am one who has service connection injuries cant get my claim resolved, something is wrong with this picture.

only,

Welcome to Hadit.com.

The AMC is known to be a big deep dark hole for claims,

it's like the Bermuda triangle.

Maybe someone will chime in and post the phone number for you.

I understand your frustration,anger and feel for the poor response you are getting on your claim issues.

One thing I would like to say right off the bat is don't come here and make posts of your judgements regarding fellow

brother and sister veterans. Unless you are the decision maker that adjudicated their claim issues you do not

know if their benefits were deserved or not, and it's not your business how they spend their money or if they

use drugs. Many vet's self medicate.

You are welcome here - but not welcome to judge other vets and their situations.