VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused

Rate this question

95bmp

Question

i filed a claim for ptsd in july 2010. IT went to rating in sept. I inquired about my claim with iris 1-14-2010 they told me my claim was at the bva.I would like to know how could my claim go to the bva without a decision being made at the local level?I do have claim at the bva for a rash i contracted in vietnam.thank you

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

What method did you use to inwuire. Phone the 800 number or IRIS?

The 800 number folks mean well but it is better to get an IRIS question answered, at least it is in writing.

Use IRIS. Tell them what the 800 number told you and explain that you have an active claim, not an appeal.

J

"I inquired about my claim with iris"

send them a follow up inquiry-

and tell them that was status of your BVA appeal and you want status of the PTSD claim you filed on (and give them the date)

This happened to me too at IRIS-they got confused over my issues.All in all it is better most of the time then the 800#.

Just called 800# i was told my claim was back in development he said my claim had not been touch for awhile.he then sent an inquiry to the va on his end and i should receive a call from the va in three to five days.he did a great job. thanks berta & jbasser