VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Short Version Of C& P

Rate this question

RonP

Question

I'll be brief, I have heart problems since 911 current ptsd with 50% Tinutus 10 % USMC in country 67 68 DMZ 0331 Machine Gunner GruntI just had the AO IHD examThe doctors words are quoted from here.

"Diagnosis"Ischemic Heart disease,Cad,cardiomyamegally,S/P MI, S/P CABG, S/P Failed PTCA.Artereoseptal Wall MI, Old.Lateral Wall Ischemia.PVC'S in Quadridgeminy.Hypokinetic anterior,anterosepatal,inferoseptal,anterolateral walls from base to mid.Hypokinetic anterior,septal,lateral and inferior walls of the apex.LV Dysfunction.Dilated left atrium with no evidence of thrombus.FC 111.3 Mets.Problem associated with the diagnosis: Chest PainEFFECTS on usual occupation and resulting work problems:Severe restriction preventsEFFECTS on usual occupational activities: Lack of stamina;Weakness or fatigue; chest pain.Are there effects of the problem on usual daily activities? YES Description of the effects of the problem on usual daily activities: Moderate/Severe restriction.Was a medical opinion Requested? NO "

Now I have gotten this long winded because I have trouble figuring this out.It is way above my head. Is is possible one of you kind souls, will open your heart and tell me what to expect from uncle SaM...originally filed in 1995 and I am now in Manila PhilippinesContact me direct if the rules allow it. This C&P was given in Manila by a non VA DR. on 11/4/ 2010.......I am asking some one to guess a rating and a dollar amount ... My file is currently in San Diego and that is all I know.is that possible ?If not I'll take any answer I can get

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just bumped up the IHD rating criteria again for you-in last post here.

What is missing here is the METS Value and the ECHO Ejection Fraction.

"FC 111.3 Mets.Problem associated with the diagnosis"

The FC 111.3 is a heart disease code as far as I can tell - is there nothing after METS? No numeric?

On the ECHO report the Ejection Fraction percentage as well as any METS value helps to determine the rating.

Sometimes no METs Test can be done and then they rely on the ECHO results.

Everything in your post indicates ischemic heart disease due to AO so this would be an awarded claim-however

."I am asking some one to guess a rating and a dollar amount."

We need more info at least on the ECHO estimated EF to guess on a rating and I think we have a direct link here to the VA rate charts on the right hand side of the main forum.

If you ever claimed heart disease before and they denied then the date of that claim would be your EED. You should contact NVLSP lawyers if that is the case and their contact info is in this topic.

If you were never denied for SC IHD in the past, your earliest retro date will be the date you filed the IHD claim.

I'll be brief, I have heart problems since 911 current ptsd with 50% Tinutus 10 % USMC in country 67 68 DMZ 0331 Machine Gunner GruntI just had the AO IHD examThe doctors words are quoted from here.

"Diagnosis"Ischemic Heart disease,Cad,cardiomyamegally,S/P MI, S/P CABG, S/P Failed PTCA.Artereoseptal Wall MI, Old.Lateral Wall Ischemia.PVC'S in Quadridgeminy.Hypokinetic anterior,anterosepatal,inferoseptal,anterolateral walls from base to mid.Hypokinetic anterior,septal,lateral and inferior walls of the apex.LV Dysfunction.Dilated left atrium with no evidence of thrombus.FC 111.3 Mets.Problem associated with the diagnosis: Chest PainEFFECTS on usual occupation and resulting work problems:Severe restriction preventsEFFECTS on usual occupational activities: Lack of stamina;Weakness or fatigue; chest pain.Are there effects of the problem on usual daily activities? YES Description of the effects of the problem on usual daily activities: Moderate/Severe restriction.Was a medical opinion Requested? NO "

Now I have gotten this long winded because I have trouble figuring this out.It is way above my head. Is is possible one of you kind souls, will open your heart and tell me what to expect from uncle SaM...originally filed in 1995 and I am now in Manila PhilippinesContact me direct if the rules allow it. This C&P was given in Manila by a non VA DR. on 11/4/ 2010.......I am asking some one to guess a rating and a dollar amount ... My file is currently in San Diego and that is all I know.is that possible ?If not I'll take any answer I can get

Well you have the DX required for IHD but I am as concerned as you about the mumbo jumbo of the Dr. speak write up. The 2 most important results are your mets and your LVE and I don't see either one of them there? maybe Berta will take a look at this and break it down further for you.

When you filed in 95 were you denied for heart problems?

If you have been seeing a private cardio doc there give them a call or make an appointment. I would also take along the form the VA has for IHD and have your doc fill it out.

That being said with the write up above I would guess 60%-100% but remember I am just guessing because like you the write up stinks.

Berta , the Echo, showed 28 for eft....no mention of the other

cad was 26 then 27, Went to Manila then they said 42

The last echo said the previous must have been in error

due to current 28 number eft.

Since no physical test was allowed they left it at that.

The other comment by Dr making analysis of 2 d echo was

" Eccentric left ventricular hypertrophy with segmental wall motion abnormally as described with severe systolic dysfunction."

They have told me to take other high dollar test on my own nickel to determine if I have had a stroke or not, they said my

cureent evaluation or coverage will not cover it. But suggested quite strongly, with 2 phone calls from the doctor I have the tests.

Echo Aortic with contrast, and Brain Scan with contrast. I told them I could not afford these test and could not follow the suggestion.

This was after the C&P.Sorry , cant give you more, it just is not mentioned.....Yes I am in the Neymeyr computer. ,

I just bumped up the IHD rating criteria again for you-in last post here.

What is missing here is the METS Value and the ECHO Ejection Fraction.

"FC 111.3 Mets.Problem associated with the diagnosis"

The FC 111.3 is a heart disease code as far as I can tell - is there nothing after METS? No numeric?

On the ECHO report the Ejection Fraction percentage as well as any METS value helps to determine the rating.

Sometimes no METs Test can be done and then they rely on the ECHO results.

Everything in your post indicates ischemic heart disease due to AO so this would be an awarded claim-however

."I am asking some one to guess a rating and a dollar amount."

We need more info at least on the ECHO estimated EF to guess on a rating and I think we have a direct link here to the VA rate charts on the right hand side of the main forum.

If you ever claimed heart disease before and they denied then the date of that claim would be your EED. You should contact NVLSP lawyers if that is the case and their contact info is in this topic.

If you were never denied for SC IHD in the past, your earliest retro date will be the date you filed the IHD claim.

I was denied a heart claim in a since, they gave me 0% with -0- compensation.

The current Ejection Fraction is 28 / no they called something a Simpsons =33/26

Thanks

Well you have the DX required for IHD but I am as concerned as you about the mumbo jumbo of the Dr. speak write up. The 2 most important results are your mets and your LVE and I don't see either one of them there? maybe Berta will take a look at this and break it down further for you.

When you filed in 95 were you denied for heart problems?

If you have been seeing a private cardio doc there give them a call or make an appointment. I would also take along the form the VA has for IHD and have your doc fill it out.

That being said with the write up above I would guess 60%-100% but remember I am just guessing because like you the write up stinks.

"They have told me to take other high dollar test on my own nickel to determine if I have had a stroke or not, they said my

cureent evaluation or coverage will not cover it. But suggested quite strongly, with 2 phone calls from the doctor I have the tests."

Echo Aortic with contrast, and Brain Scan with contrast. I told them I could not afford these test and could not follow the suggestion.

This was after the C&P.Sorry , cant give you more, it just is not mentioned.....Yes I am in the Neymeyr computer. ,

SAY WHAT??????????????????????????

This s one of the ways they killed my husband. DO you mean the VA by "they"????

A stroke or TIA can be the result of ischemic heart disease.It can be rated as secondary.

More importantly the VA CAN give you those tests.

I had to threaten the Doc at the Bath VAMC to give my husband a CT.She first told me the CT scan was broke so I told her to fix it right away.

When she tried to give me some BS that this could not be done _I rattled of a phone number to her.

SHe said what does that phone number mean-

I said it means I am calling it as soon as I get to the pay phone in the lobby because it is my Congressman's phone number and he has already been familiarized with my problems here getting Rod proper care.

They fixed the CT scan in 10 minutes.She told him, he needed brain surgery and they were shipping him to Syracuse.

I got the Syracuse doc on the phone to read me the CT as I knew this was not surgical problem, he had a stroke and it took the VA 3 weeks to diagnose it and treat it.

I am stunned that any doc would not order proper tests for you-

He was 30 % then PTSD and the VA was found to have caused his death (FTCA)His 30% rating did not allow VA to get out of my malpractice case.(It become 100 posthumously to date prior to his stroke anyhow)

This s very starling info.

I guess that you should expect 60 to 100% on your AO IHD award based on what I see here.

Edited by Berta

The VA operating on Foreign Soil, operates under different rules. If they don't have the equipment to give you the test, they are not required to give you the tests.

They decided to send me to a new PTSD psychiatrist instead...on the quick because of my anxiety....LOL

500 mile round trip by air. once a month instead of every 6 months to a 22 year old that thinks combat is war games. So now they are sending me to a top notch Shrink

I having a good laugh, as that is all I can do

Thanks Berta

Ron

"They have told me to take other high dollar test on my own nickel to determine if I have had a stroke or not, they said my

cureent evaluation or coverage will not cover it. But suggested quite strongly, with 2 phone calls from the doctor I have the tests."

SAY WHAT??????????????????????????

This s one of the ways they killed my husband. DO you mean the VA by "they"????

A stroke or TIA can be the result of ischemic heart disease.It can be rated as secondary.

More importantly the VA CAN give you those tests.

I had to threaten the Doc at the Bath VAMC to give my husband a CT.She first told me the CT scan was broke so I told her to fix it right away.

When she tried to give me some BS that this could not be done _I rattled of a phone number to her.

SHe said what does that phone number mean-

I said it means I am calling it as soon as I get to the pay phone in the lobby because it is my Congressman's phone number and he has already been familiarized with my problems here getting Rod proper care.

They fixed the CT scan in 10 minutes.She told him, he needed brain surgery and they were shipping him to Syracuse.

I got the Syracuse doc on the phone to read me the CT as I knew this was not surgical problem, he had a stroke and it took the VA 3 weeks to diagnose it and treat it.

I am stunned that any doc would not order proper tests for you-

He was 30 % then PTSD and the VA was found to have caused his death (FTCA)His 30% rating did not allow VA to get out of my malpractice case.(It become 100 posthumously to date prior to his stroke anyhow)

This s very starling info.

I guess that you should expect 60 to 100% on your AO IHD award based on what I see here.