VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Short Version Of C& P

Rate this question

RonP

Question

I'll be brief, I have heart problems since 911 current ptsd with 50% Tinutus 10 % USMC in country 67 68 DMZ 0331 Machine Gunner GruntI just had the AO IHD examThe doctors words are quoted from here.

"Diagnosis"Ischemic Heart disease,Cad,cardiomyamegally,S/P MI, S/P CABG, S/P Failed PTCA.Artereoseptal Wall MI, Old.Lateral Wall Ischemia.PVC'S in Quadridgeminy.Hypokinetic anterior,anterosepatal,inferoseptal,anterolateral walls from base to mid.Hypokinetic anterior,septal,lateral and inferior walls of the apex.LV Dysfunction.Dilated left atrium with no evidence of thrombus.FC 111.3 Mets.Problem associated with the diagnosis: Chest PainEFFECTS on usual occupation and resulting work problems:Severe restriction preventsEFFECTS on usual occupational activities: Lack of stamina;Weakness or fatigue; chest pain.Are there effects of the problem on usual daily activities? YES Description of the effects of the problem on usual daily activities: Moderate/Severe restriction.Was a medical opinion Requested? NO "

Now I have gotten this long winded because I have trouble figuring this out.It is way above my head. Is is possible one of you kind souls, will open your heart and tell me what to expect from uncle SaM...originally filed in 1995 and I am now in Manila PhilippinesContact me direct if the rules allow it. This C&P was given in Manila by a non VA DR. on 11/4/ 2010.......I am asking some one to guess a rating and a dollar amount ... My file is currently in San Diego and that is all I know.is that possible ?If not I'll take any answer I can get

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I believe that the IG person is correct .

“the reason that you are not service connected for your heart disease is because the question asked at your Comp and Pen exam for your heart disease was not, “Is this related to Agent Orange exposure,” but, “was this caused or made worse by your PTSD.”

I highly recommend you request, in writing, a Comp and Pen exam for your ischemic heart disease on the basis that it may likely be related to you Agent Orange exposure. “

It appears to me that you filed for IHD as caused by your PTSD.

It is by far easier ,for Vietnam incountry veterans to claim IHD due to AO under the 2010 regulations.

In a past post you mentioned you were in the “Nehmer” computer.

When did you specifically file for IHD due to the new AO regulations for incountry Vietnam veterans?

Things can be as obvious to the VA as flies on S—t, but if we don't formally claim what we want, they won't usually never take a claim to the next step.

If we dont claim it-they don't have to award or pay it.

Some vets such as this BVA veteran have been awarded for heart disease as secondary to their PTSD , and aggravated by it, but they are few and far between.

http://www.va.gov/ve...es6/1040993.txt

I disagree with one thing the IG person said-a C & P specifically for AO IHD might have to result from filing a new claim on that basis.

I suggest you obtain a vet rep to help with this and see ,since you are on the "Nehmer' computer -why a claim for IHD due to AO was overlooked -if it was in fact formally filed.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

As always, when the VA is involved, what should have happened and what did happen are often quite different.

If evidence of A/O presumptive status and condition existed at the time of a decision, and the VA followed the laws, any presumptive condition showing in records should have been considered as a direct, indirect, and presumptive claim.

The Nehmer review board seemed to do this when it went through the many A/O related claims. Blame the VARO for not doing the job, and the veteran to some extent for not spelling things out simply and clearly. (Which a veteran in theory should not have to do.)

I believe that the IG person is correct .

“the reason that you are not service connected for your heart disease is because the question asked at your Comp and Pen exam for your heart disease was not, “Is this related to Agent Orange exposure,” but, “was this caused or made worse by your PTSD.”

I highly recommend you request, in writing, a Comp and Pen exam for your ischemic heart disease on the basis that it may likely be related to you Agent Orange exposure. “

It appears to me that you filed for IHD as caused by your PTSD.

It is by far easier ,for Vietnam incountry veterans to claim IHD due to AO under the 2010 regulations.

In a past post you mentioned you were in the “Nehmer” computer.

When did you specifically file for IHD due to the new AO regulations for incountry Vietnam veterans?

Things can be as obvious to the VA as flies on S—t, but if we don't formally claim what we want, they won't usually never take a claim to the next step.

If we dont claim it-they don't have to award or pay it.

Some vets such as this BVA veteran have been awarded for heart disease as secondary to their PTSD , and aggravated by it, but they are few and far between.

http://www.va.gov/ve...es6/1040993.txt

I disagree with one thing the IG person said-a C & P specifically for AO IHD might have to result from filing a new claim on that basis.

I suggest you obtain a vet rep to help with this and see ,since you are on the "Nehmer' computer -why a claim for IHD due to AO was overlooked -if it was in fact formally filed.

Edited by Chuck75