VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Short Version Of C& P

Rate this question

RonP

Question

I'll be brief, I have heart problems since 911 current ptsd with 50% Tinutus 10 % USMC in country 67 68 DMZ 0331 Machine Gunner GruntI just had the AO IHD examThe doctors words are quoted from here.

"Diagnosis"Ischemic Heart disease,Cad,cardiomyamegally,S/P MI, S/P CABG, S/P Failed PTCA.Artereoseptal Wall MI, Old.Lateral Wall Ischemia.PVC'S in Quadridgeminy.Hypokinetic anterior,anterosepatal,inferoseptal,anterolateral walls from base to mid.Hypokinetic anterior,septal,lateral and inferior walls of the apex.LV Dysfunction.Dilated left atrium with no evidence of thrombus.FC 111.3 Mets.Problem associated with the diagnosis: Chest PainEFFECTS on usual occupation and resulting work problems:Severe restriction preventsEFFECTS on usual occupational activities: Lack of stamina;Weakness or fatigue; chest pain.Are there effects of the problem on usual daily activities? YES Description of the effects of the problem on usual daily activities: Moderate/Severe restriction.Was a medical opinion Requested? NO "

Now I have gotten this long winded because I have trouble figuring this out.It is way above my head. Is is possible one of you kind souls, will open your heart and tell me what to expect from uncle SaM...originally filed in 1995 and I am now in Manila PhilippinesContact me direct if the rules allow it. This C&P was given in Manila by a non VA DR. on 11/4/ 2010.......I am asking some one to guess a rating and a dollar amount ... My file is currently in San Diego and that is all I know.is that possible ?If not I'll take any answer I can get

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OH -sorry about that I forgot you had mentioned that before.

I am glad you are on the Nehmer list.

NVLSP told me yesterday that the RO up here didnt put my claim on it and they should have.

Evidently not, they have been checking my heart every 6 months and giving me all the meds I need since 2005. -0- compensation as well

Is a 0% rating for heart the same as a denial?

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a 0% rating for heart, so I wonder if both of us have a Nehmer claim since we were not actually denied just low balled? I got 60% on appeal.

The Nehmer Training Guide says this:

"A claim need not reference herbicide exposure (See Example 1)

o In its February 11, 1999, Nehmer order, the Court held that a

Nehmer class member‟s compensation claim need only have

requested service connection for the presumptive condition in order

to qualify as a Nehmer claim. It is not necessary that the class

member assert the condition was caused by herbicide exposure"

There is far more in the training guide on this-and it depends on individual past claims and dates of them etc.

I had 1995 claim for PTSD (SC)causing my husband's IHD and CVAs.

In those days most claims were deemed as not well grounded and I never though of getting an IMO.

This is considered a denied IHD claim under Nehmer.

Also his IHD was considered 1151 SC when I won the 1151 claim but left unrated -no SC % and no NSC %.I cued them on that.

This CUE claim is considered also as falling under Nehmer.

If heart disease was claimed for SC in a past claim , regardless of why,(due to AO< due to MEDS, due to DMII but denied because DMII diagnosis followed the IHD diagnosis and appears as NSC with a % in a denial for SC of that claim, then it now falls under Nehmer.

There are so many nuances to Nehmer that fortunately we have the same training letter that VA must follow and if they don't follow it they can be SANCTIONED.

It is best for every Nehmer or potential Nehmer vet to read the partts in that TL that would apply to their claim.