VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pt Appt This A.m.

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

for my knee. the dr asked me about my PTSD. wanted to know when dx, DETAILS & such. this is for a physical therapy appt to determine ssdi. WHY does he need to know about my PTSD? im pretty pissed about it. i personally think it had nothing to do with physical therapy. after i get a decision from SSA, i think i will report him.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I will only discuss mental health issues with a PCP I had been with a long time

and mental health providers ONLY.

Perhaps this "dr" was just wanting to hear something juicy - to think about later.

Probably a sicko.

I will only discuss mental health issues with a PCP I had been with a long time

and mental health providers ONLY.

Perhaps this "dr" was just wanting to hear something juicy - to think about later.

Probably a sicko.

thats what i was thinking, too. wasnt sure if it was just my paranoia or what. i was really uncomfortable in that office with him.

finally got ahold of my case worker @ SSA and asked her about this. she sd it is *not* uncommon for Dr's to ask about other conditions even if they r not evaluating u for it. i was really taken back by that and let her know how uncomfortable it made me.

so.....just a friendly FYI for others. dont get blind sided by this like i did. :(

I thought too this Dr was looking to see if you had any other medical/behavioral health problem to possibly give his opinion as to you having whatever the diagnosis was for your knee, and one for depression diagnosis too. My SSDI had 3 diagnoses listed...one listed depression but was really for ptsd...No this dr did not ask me about this because he was treating me for depression, and I had known him over 22 years, and got lucky that the SS dept use his services for claimant's exams. JMO.

So he/she might have been on your side to find 2 diagnoses, however should not have gotten too nosy wanting to know specific details, especially if not a prychiatrist(as is medical dr too, even though they concentrate their study on psychology wellness/impairments/ illiness ).

Edited by halos2

for my knee. the dr asked me about my PTSD. wanted to know when dx, DETAILS & such. this is for a physical therapy appt to determine ssdi. WHY does he need to know about my PTSD? im pretty pissed about it. i personally think it had nothing to do with physical therapy. after i get a decision from SSA, i think i will report him.

Hmm asking when dx I would think no big deal BUT asking details if the incident did not effect my knee or what the doctor was looking at me for I would question that to be out of LINE!

Even when SSA sent me to a shrink he point blank did not want to hear my stressors!!

I was granted SSDI on my very first try and took after I filed about 6 months but they paid me for 2 of those!