VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Starting To Go Crazier.

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I believe that I may have lost the ability to manage my claims, and I believe this could be a tool that the VA uses with PTSD claims. Wait the Vet out, and he will not know his hands from his feet. I have had a physical C&P and a PTSD C&P (My second) last October. I have NOD my DMII effective date. I have NOD in that they did not consider my DMII secondary issues. I have a Law Firm working my Hereditary Angioedema aggravation case, and I believe everything else. But, the Claims are my responsibilities, and I can not recall what I sent the VA and what they have sent me. Ebenefits have shown that my claim has been in the development stage for 11 months. I would contact the VA 800 n umber, but find that a waste of time. I'm also classified as sensitive seven (I use to be the Secretary of the VA), actually I filed Xrays at the local VA hospital for 2 months. If the VA is waiting on me to just quit, well they are going to have a long wait. I may not be the brightest star, but like my wife says, I'm the most stubborn SOB she has ever known.

Papa

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I fully believe the VA takes advantage of the fact that they deal with disabled veterans.They also take advanrage of widows whose reps they know are lousy and who are dealing with the greif and financial impacts of a spouse's death.

"I can not recall what I sent the VA and what they have sent me."

I have been dealing with the VA for almost 3 decades.

Recently NVLSP asked me for a lot of info and copies -some going back to 1995.I cant find one actual decision but sent them the BVA link to it and the part they need to read.

There is nothing better than a file system.I have everything in Manila folders.I also have a Masters list for them but as many here know, things get out of order quickly sometimes when the VA or anyone else asks for something.

Still there is info here as to how to start getting VA stuff in order.

One thing that helps me is that I use colored manila folders a lot.

My AO stuff was in some orange folders but my new AO claim info ended up in pink folders.But I know the pink ones are AO too.

My CHAMPVA and Chapter 35 stuff is in plastic blue expandable envelopes.

It is all a pain in the butt.But once you get started on a manila folder filing system that is kept separately from other household folders it can ease the stress levels when looking for something.

"like my wife says, I'm the most stubborn SOB she has ever known."

Stubborn is a good trait when dealing with the VA.I have never had any POA who believed in my claims but I was quick to let them know when I won them by myself.

When you have the evidence you need there is nothing wrong with being stubborn on your position.I found that out many times-most recently by holding my ground with the OGC regarding the money VA owed me.

Since they knew from past experience with me what I can be like-(I dont go away)they finally gave my letters to some top VA lawyer and he agreed immediately with me.

This took me from May 2009 to Feb 5 2010 and countless phone calls, letters etc from VA trying to tell me I was wrong.

But I am stubborn too and was legally right on my point and I got my money within days after this GC lawyer contacted the RO.

You made a good point.

This is one reason why lousy vet reps need dimes dropped on them when they mess a claim up.

They hold POAs and that has a major responsibility attached to it regarding their knowledge of VA 101.

Edited by Berta

I would like to correct this popular misconception: the VA is waiting me out.....the VA is waiting for me to die so they don't have to work on my claim....the VA is purposely being slow on y claim to see if i lose interest" I assure you, nothing can be further from the truth. What seems to you a deliberate wait on our part is actually a combination of a huge backlog and Congress sticking its nose in our business every other week. The priority project of one week can easily change the next week depending on what Mr. Senator so&so deems is more important at the time. I can't tell u how many times I've started a project only to be told now this is more important. We also have many appeals in BVA/AMC that sometimes lead to new laws and precedents....classic example is the recent bruhaha with the Nehmer cases for Vietnam vets ...a ruling was finally made regarding Parkinsons, ischemic heart disease & hairy cell/other b cell leukemias as being presumptive conditions for Agent Orange exposure. We now have teams of ppl at work dedicated to NOTHING but that, so less ppl to work on the other claims. And let's not even talk about hiring more ppl....it takes years to train up, and Obama has frozen federal employee paychecks for the next 2 yrs so that we don't get the cost of living increase at all.

This is not to whine, but to give you an idea as to what is going on re our side of the fence. So please, continue to be stubborn, continue to ask about your claim, and if you have a POA (like disabled american veterans or american legion, etc, bug them too to check on your claim. That's what they're there for.

Hang in there, Papa - you're going to win this and be an inspiration for others. :smile:

Veldrina - great to have you here and I hope you have thick skin :wink:

I know there are scores of people working very hard on our behalf and dealing with untold bureaucracy and priority changes.

We appreciate all that you do, but many here are very frustrated and under a lot of stress.

N. Kelly: hello & ty! Yes, my skin is pretty thick. I came here of my own volition, and I understand the frustration....here's a secret: the workers are almost as frustrated as the vets are. I could wax pathetic on the issues we have, but I'm sure my job would consider it a violation of some kind or another. I'm in a precarious position...trying not to represent my job or have it seen in a bad light, while at the same time "in the thick of it" with those who are the most disgruntled by it. You all now have a face to throw pie at, but I am hoping that if i can help solve at least one problem it will be worth it.

I would like to correct this popular misconception: the VA is waiting me out.....the VA is waiting for me to die so they don't have to work on my claim....the VA is purposely being slow on y claim to see if i lose interest" I assure you, nothing can be further from the truth. What seems to you a deliberate wait on our part is actually a combination of a huge backlog and Congress sticking its nose in our business every other week. The priority project of one week can easily change the next week depending on what Mr. Senator so&so deems is more important at the time. I can't tell u how many times I've started a project only to be told now this is more important. We also have many appeals in BVA/AMC that sometimes lead to new laws and precedents....classic example is the recent bruhaha with the Nehmer cases for Vietnam vets ...a ruling was finally made regarding Parkinsons, ischemic heart disease & hairy cell/other b cell leukemias as being presumptive conditions for Agent Orange exposure. We now have teams of ppl at work dedicated to NOTHING but that, so less ppl to work on the other claims. And let's not even talk about hiring more ppl....it takes years to train up, and Obama has frozen federal employee paychecks for the next 2 yrs so that we don't get the cost of living increase at all.

This is not to whine, but to give you an idea as to what is going on re our side of the fence. So please, continue to be stubborn, continue to ask about your claim, and if you have a POA (like disabled american veterans or american legion, etc, bug them too to check on your claim. That's what they're there for.

So, the VA does have people that monitors this site, you just happen to be the first to identify yourself as a VA person. BTW, the Veteran did not get a cost of living increase either. At least you have an income, some Veterans are about to lose their house, on food stamps, and are at wits end because they are unable to work, and have been waiting on the VA for years. If the VA had treated the Vietnam Veteran like we were human years ago the VA would not be going through this, and we did not ask to go to Vietnam and get sprayed with a Agent Orange by our own Government. Now, go and be a friend of the Veteran.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is the thing: The congress has underfunded the VA for decades. If congress wanted real change at the VA they could get it. They don't want to spend the money. The congress does not respect us. They take us for granted the way some people treat their dogs.