VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Starting To Go Crazier.

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I believe that I may have lost the ability to manage my claims, and I believe this could be a tool that the VA uses with PTSD claims. Wait the Vet out, and he will not know his hands from his feet. I have had a physical C&P and a PTSD C&P (My second) last October. I have NOD my DMII effective date. I have NOD in that they did not consider my DMII secondary issues. I have a Law Firm working my Hereditary Angioedema aggravation case, and I believe everything else. But, the Claims are my responsibilities, and I can not recall what I sent the VA and what they have sent me. Ebenefits have shown that my claim has been in the development stage for 11 months. I would contact the VA 800 n umber, but find that a waste of time. I'm also classified as sensitive seven (I use to be the Secretary of the VA), actually I filed Xrays at the local VA hospital for 2 months. If the VA is waiting on me to just quit, well they are going to have a long wait. I may not be the brightest star, but like my wife says, I'm the most stubborn SOB she has ever known.

Papa

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ty Berta. It's ok re criticizing the VA. VA knows it has a bunch of problems, and there are many ppl trying to put their heads together as to the best ways to fix them. And I would rather you not temper your posts....one of the reasons I'm on here is because I want the REAL vet's perspective, not just what we're told. I want to hear it from the horse's mouth. And I also want to dispel myths such as "the less money for vets, the more $ for VA" or "VA is waiting me out on my claim". There's potential here for a better understanding of both sides, & I'm voluntarily seeking it. So post away frankly :)

I didnt realise until a few hours ago that we have someone here who works for the VA.

I am an outspoken critic of the VA. I am also quick to remark that some of the best people I know work for the VA.

I also have worked for the VA as a volunteer myself, in 2 different states.I loved my jobs.

But I don't plan on tempering my posts at all as to the problems within the system . (such as the WACO fiduciary fiasco and the new PTSD rules).The VA is what it is.

But welcome here Veldrina.

Your help here might give some of us volunteer advocates a break.

• HadIt.com Elder

For the record we have had many who either worked or in some cases had retired from the VA. We also had one member who was a VA Lawyer as well as several Service Officers and a couple or two Veterans Lawyers. All fine people who wanted to help Veterans.

Veldrina is welcome and her willingness to help here is appreciated.

Just keep in mine that no matter how angry someone may be with the VA she is also a Member and will be entitled to the same respect that we ask all members to show each other.

It is my opinion that she has already been useful to several members here and not to mention the hundreds who do not post but read the Forum.

Carlie,

I did apologize, but I do get parnoid sometimes. It was not my intention to take out my fustration personally on Veldrina. I also was not blaming the VA for not getting the COLA increase, as I'm well aware how that works or does not work. I try to be positive, but after awhile it just gets hard.

Papa

Papa,

Veldrina is not Hadit's first member to identify herself as a VA person.

One of the problems I have seen (in the past) is that when someone does

identify themselves as a VA employee, members start taking their frustrations

out on them and putting the boots to them.

This is not quite fair at all.

Everyone here - including them, are volunteers, they don't have to spend

time here answering questions.

If we start beating these people up - they soon go away.

This is not what we want, heck we need ll the help we can get !

Another thing - VA and their employees have nothing to do with disabled vets

(and SSA recipients) not getting a COLA raise.

That is solely determined by the CPI formula.

Veldrina has come here to help by providing information and guidance,

sounds like she is attempting to be a friend of the veteran to me.

I'd like us to at least not try to run her off.

Ty Berta. It's ok re criticizing the VA. VA knows it has a bunch of problems, and there are many ppl trying to put their heads together as to the best ways to fix them. And I would rather you not temper your posts....one of the reasons I'm on here is because I want the REAL vet's perspective, not just what we're told. I want to hear it from the horse's mouth. And I also want to dispel myths such as "the less money for vets, the more $ for VA" or "VA is waiting me out on my claim". There's potential here for a better understanding of both sides, & I'm voluntarily seeking it. So post away frankly :)

The VA is a ginormous government department that is getting bigger by the day. Its wheels turn slowly as a result, and often times we veterans lose sight of the fact that part of that growth of government is in our favor, as in the approval of the new presumptives and the additional funding to account for Nehmer claims and new VA personnel and facilities. The pace at which our claims are being dealt with is indeed frustrating, but this is not the fault of people like Veldrina. We should be more than pleased that she's so generously served herself up as a pin cushion for our frustrations, and we should recognize that the only reason she's here is to do what she can to help. I think its quite illuminating to read of her perspective, and to see how closely it mirrors ours.

I'm glad that you're here, Veldrina! Can I get an amen??

Lol, AMEN, preach it brutha!

The VA is a ginormous government department that is getting bigger by the day. Its wheels turn slowly as a result, and often times we veterans lose sight of the fact that part of that growth of government is in our favor, as in the approval of the new presumptives and the additional funding to account for Nehmer claims and new VA personnel and facilities. The pace at which our claims are being dealt with is indeed frustrating, but this is not the fault of people like Veldrina. We should be more than pleased that she's so generously served herself up as a pin cushion for our frustrations, and we should recognize that the only reason she's here is to do what she can to help. I think its quite illuminating to read of her perspective, and to see how closely it mirrors ours.

I'm glad that you're here, Veldrina! Can I get an amen??