VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claims Questions

Rate this question

scraperhand

Question

HELLO TO ALL VETERANS, I went to my veterans regional office last week to ask for my C file. I was told to wait because it would slow my disability claims process down. I guess I have to believe them because two people said that it would slow my claim down (at the same time) also I was told to wait until I got my decisions back on my existing claims first, The reason I wanted my C files is because I want to try to stay one step ahead of VA because you nerver know whats going to happen with your disability claim decisions. The intake worker was pretty nice she looked up my claims,and she told me that my claim was with the SUPERVISOR, whatever that means, As for EBENIFITS It states that my claim is in the DEVELOPEMENT STAGE 1 for four months or longer, forget about iris its a waste of my time, Any ideas what this means when the SUPERVISOR has your claim on there desk ? Maybe it's because I asked for a reconsideration on a mistake they made on a earlier disability claim decision. Also If any one knows when a IU claim takes effect if it was deferred on a claim that was granted in the month of AUGUST 2010 that made me 60%, The original claim that was filed in the month of SEPTEMBER 2009 and the paper work for IU was sent in around the middle of SEPTEMBER of 2010.

YOUR ANSWERS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

if a claim is with a supervisor, it just means the coach was given the case to look at or to assign to someone as a priority usually. It could be, as you said, because of the reconsideration, esp. if it becomes a CUE (Clear and Unmistakable Error) which then needs to be looked at by the service center manager once done for correctness. Unsure what "development 1" stage is..every RO has it's own system & organization, but it kinda sounds like it;s in the very beginning phase (ie they have sent u or still need to send u a VCAA letter, they are gathering info from docs, & ordering exams). If THAT's the case, then there shouldnt be any issues with your claim being looked at, though how it can be in development 1 stage AND with a supervisor is confusing to me). The last part re the IU I'm not too clear on....can you explain again? You are already 60% since when, Aug. 2010? And u filed IU in Sept. 2010? I'm confused.

HELLO TO ALL VETERANS, I went to my veterans regional office last week to ask for my C file. I was told to wait because it would slow my disability claims process down. I guess I have to believe them because two people said that it would slow my claim down (at the same time) also I was told to wait until I got my decisions back on my existing claims first, The reason I wanted my C files is because I want to try to stay one step ahead of VA because you nerver know whats going to happen with your disability claim decisions. The intake worker was pretty nice she looked up my claims,and she told me that my claim was with the SUPERVISOR, whatever that means, As for EBENIFITS It states that my claim is in the DEVELOPEMENT STAGE 1 for four months or longer, forget about iris its a waste of my time, Any ideas what this means when the SUPERVISOR has your claim on there desk ? Maybe it's because I asked for a reconsideration on a mistake they made on a earlier disability claim decision. Also If any one knows when a IU claim takes effect if it was deferred on a claim that was granted in the month of AUGUST 2010 that made me 60%, The original claim that was filed in the month of SEPTEMBER 2009 and the paper work for IU was sent in around the middle of SEPTEMBER of 2010.

YOUR ANSWERS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Honestly to see the C file is no big deal, BUT if you meant to have it copied then it is a problem. You do not have to have it copied really, not much there unless you want to appeal a claim. Mostly it is better just to see and read it and have them copy a few items out of it. Hope this helps, but I would not ask to have it copied, to much useless garbage gets copied.

HELLO, VELDRINA I will try to explian my IU claim again. I filed for an increase rating for DLE SEPTEMBER 2009 I was rated at 30 %, The VRO granted my request, and raised my percentage from 30 % to 60 % in (AUGUST) 2010 of last year, I was also granted a 30% rating for MDD IN (SEPTEMBER) 2010 of last year therefore making me 70 %, The MDD claim was filed in DECEMBER of 2009. The VRO stated on the AUGUST 2010 award decision letter that they would incease my rating for DLE and they also DEFERRED a rating for IU. I guess it was automaticaly DEFERRED because of the 60% total rating. All the nesscesary forms for IU was filed out and sent back to the VRO at the end of september of 2010, So my question is, If IU is granted what would be the IU compensation start date? (SEPTEMBER OF 2009 DLE claim filed date). ( OR WHEN I FILED OUT AND SENT BACK ALL THE NECESARY FORMS AND PAPER WORK FOR IU IN SEPTEMBER OF 2010).

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

if a claim is with a supervisor, it just means the coach was given the case to look at or to assign to someone as a priority usually. It could be, as you said, because of the reconsideration, esp. if it becomes a CUE (Clear and Unmistakable Error) which then needs to be looked at by the service center manager once done for correctness. Unsure what "development 1" stage is..every RO has it's own system & organization, but it kinda sounds like it;s in the very beginning phase (ie they have sent u or still need to send u a VCAA letter, they are gathering info from docs, & ordering exams). If THAT's the case, then there shouldnt be any issues with your claim being looked at, though how it can be in development 1 stage AND with a supervisor is confusing to me). The last part re the IU I'm not too clear on....can you explain again? You are already 60% since when, Aug. 2010? And u filed IU in Sept. 2010? I'm confused.

The above statement "every RO has it's own system & organization" I find this as the MAIN problem with the entire VA system!! Veterans and their advocates are at a complete disadvantage when dealing with RO's when each one has it's own system!!

Kind of makes me think the VA does not really have a model operational system for the field and have not been able to come up with one in 75 years?? This alone could and would speed up the claim system if every RO DID do it the same! People and parts could be interchangeable and would benefit the veterans and their advocates rather than hearing all kinds of different terminology on not only the internet forums but also word of mouth from vets!

Don't mean to hi jack your thread but I could not let the statement slide without a responds.

Good luck on your claim!!

Edited by stillhere

Viewing your C-file can delay claim because the C-file can only be in 1 place at 1 time, and I don't believe your claim is progressing unless your C-file is on someone's desk.

Example: When calling for status on my claim, I was repeatedly told my C-file was "still at" C&P doc or elsewhere.

When I wanted to view my C-file I had to make an appointment and they called with a window when the file was available, so the file was placed aside.

I sat with a VARO employee to look at my file and was able to get copies of a few items.

Copies of very much or all of the file would have to be done later.

The above statement "every RO has it's own system & organization" I find this as the MAIN problem with the entire VA system!! Veterans and their advocates are at a complete disadvantage when dealing with RO's when each one has it's own system!!

Kind of makes me think the VA does not really have a model operational system for the field and have not been able to come up with one in 75 years?? This alone could and would speed up the claim system if every RO DID do it the same! People and parts could be interchangeable and would benefit the veterans and their advocates rather than hearing all kinds of different terminology on not only the internet forums but also word of mouth from vets!

Don't mean to hi jack your thread but I could not let the statement slide without a responds.

Good luck on your claim!!