• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Va Claims Questions

Question

HELLO TO ALL VETERANS, I went to my veterans regional office last week to ask for my C file. I was told to wait because it would slow my disability claims process down. I guess I have to believe them because two people said that it would slow my claim down (at the same time) also I was told to wait until I got my decisions back on my existing claims first, The reason I wanted my C files is because I want to try to stay one step ahead of VA because you nerver know whats going to happen with your disability claim decisions. The intake worker was pretty nice she looked up my claims,and she told me that my claim was with the SUPERVISOR, whatever that means, As for EBENIFITS It states that my claim is in the DEVELOPEMENT STAGE 1 for four months or longer, forget about iris its a waste of my time, Any ideas what this means when the SUPERVISOR has your claim on there desk ? Maybe it's because I asked for a reconsideration on a mistake they made on a earlier disability claim decision. Also If any one knows when a IU claim takes effect if it was deferred on a claim that was granted in the month of AUGUST 2010 that made me 60%, The original claim that was filed in the month of SEPTEMBER 2009 and the paper work for IU was sent in around the middle of SEPTEMBER of 2010.

YOUR ANSWERS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The above statement "every RO has it's own system & organization" I find this as the MAIN problem with the entire VA system!! Veterans and their advocates are at a complete disadvantage when dealing with RO's when each one has it's own system!!

Kind of makes me think the VA does not really have a model operational system for the field and have not been able to come up with one in 75 years?? This alone could and would speed up the claim system if every RO DID do it the same! People and parts could be interchangeable and would benefit the veterans and their advocates rather than hearing all kinds of different terminology on not only the internet forums but also word of mouth from vets!

Don't mean to hi jack your thread but I could not let the statement slide without a responds.

Good luck on your claim!!

DONT worry about hijacking my thread, because you are right, I was thinking the same thing as you were, As for every RO the processing of claims is differant and the rating system is also, Thats just the way it is for now, I can only imagine the pain and suffering also confussion that alot of our VETERAINS have to go through that is much more disabled than me, also I do feel for the raters because they are thrown under the bus, It has to be a nightmare at times. (I think someone left the barn door open during a thunder storm).

let me clarify...every RO has its own INTERNAL oraganization. Some ROs are broken down into teams (rating team, development team, tc. Some are broen into "pods" which are a self contained unit that has raters, developers, authorizers, etc. Sorry if i wasn;t clear.

and re IU claim it should be the date you filed for IU

Veldrina...

Are you taking questions in this thread? Altho I dont want to hijack another Veterans thread, because that Veteran certainly also deserves your attention, I would like to know if you are/can taking questions here. I am assuming you presently work for the VA, and maybe even answer questions here as part or all of your job.

Some time ago, an anonomyous rater using the name "James Breckenridge" on occasion, answered Vets questions and we appreciated it. He was careful not to use his real name/official position, but your presence here seems to indicate some sort of change of policy at the VA. That is, it would appear you are here to answer questions from an official point of view. If so, I would LOVEEEEEEEE to ask you a couple questions, and would like to be one of the first. My guess is that if you are answering Vets questions, Tbird would gladly give you your own section on this board.

• Subscription Holder

I asked to see my C-File when I had claim for IU at the DRO, or so I thought. It turned out that the VA was going to ship my claim to the BVA. I found this out when I went to look at my file. I got them to stop waiting for a BVA appeal and do the DRO as I had asked for in the beginning. I also found a very serious potential CUE issue that is at the CAVA right now. It did not slow my claim down one bit. It pays to view your C-File and to even get a copy. If your claim is in initial stages you have littlae to lose by getting a copy of your file. You might have some other vet's information in your file for all you know.