VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claims Questions

Rate this question

scraperhand

Question

HELLO TO ALL VETERANS, I went to my veterans regional office last week to ask for my C file. I was told to wait because it would slow my disability claims process down. I guess I have to believe them because two people said that it would slow my claim down (at the same time) also I was told to wait until I got my decisions back on my existing claims first, The reason I wanted my C files is because I want to try to stay one step ahead of VA because you nerver know whats going to happen with your disability claim decisions. The intake worker was pretty nice she looked up my claims,and she told me that my claim was with the SUPERVISOR, whatever that means, As for EBENIFITS It states that my claim is in the DEVELOPEMENT STAGE 1 for four months or longer, forget about iris its a waste of my time, Any ideas what this means when the SUPERVISOR has your claim on there desk ? Maybe it's because I asked for a reconsideration on a mistake they made on a earlier disability claim decision. Also If any one knows when a IU claim takes effect if it was deferred on a claim that was granted in the month of AUGUST 2010 that made me 60%, The original claim that was filed in the month of SEPTEMBER 2009 and the paper work for IU was sent in around the middle of SEPTEMBER of 2010.

YOUR ANSWERS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

DONT worry about hijacking my thread, because you are right, I was thinking the same thing as you were, As for every RO the processing of claims is differant and the rating system is also, Thats just the way it is for now, I can only imagine the pain and suffering also confussion that alot of our VETERAINS have to go through that is much more disabled than me, also I do feel for the raters because they are thrown under the bus, It has to be a nightmare at times. (I think someone left the barn door open during a thunder storm).

let me clarify...every RO has its own INTERNAL oraganization. Some ROs are broken down into teams (rating team, development team, tc. Some are broen into "pods" which are a self contained unit that has raters, developers, authorizers, etc. Sorry if i wasn;t clear.

and re IU claim it should be the date you filed for IU

Veldrina...

Are you taking questions in this thread? Altho I dont want to hijack another Veterans thread, because that Veteran certainly also deserves your attention, I would like to know if you are/can taking questions here. I am assuming you presently work for the VA, and maybe even answer questions here as part or all of your job.

Some time ago, an anonomyous rater using the name "James Breckenridge" on occasion, answered Vets questions and we appreciated it. He was careful not to use his real name/official position, but your presence here seems to indicate some sort of change of policy at the VA. That is, it would appear you are here to answer questions from an official point of view. If so, I would LOVEEEEEEEE to ask you a couple questions, and would like to be one of the first. My guess is that if you are answering Vets questions, Tbird would gladly give you your own section on this board.

• HadIt.com Elder

I asked to see my C-File when I had claim for IU at the DRO, or so I thought. It turned out that the VA was going to ship my claim to the BVA. I found this out when I went to look at my file. I got them to stop waiting for a BVA appeal and do the DRO as I had asked for in the beginning. I also found a very serious potential CUE issue that is at the CAVA right now. It did not slow my claim down one bit. It pays to view your C-File and to even get a copy. If your claim is in initial stages you have littlae to lose by getting a copy of your file. You might have some other vet's information in your file for all you know.

I just saw this today....sry, i missed it earlier. Yes, i am taking questions, but not as part of my job at VA.. I am a rater at the VA RO in NY but I am not representing them or the VA in general in any way. I'm here of my own volition, both because I want to help and because I genuinely want to see what ppl think/where the problems are. I'm just as frsutrated as anybody with the way things are run, & if i can gain ANY insight as to how things could be better organized, I think it would be a win-win situation. There are limits on what I can do/answer because I am a "newbie" rater (less than 5 yrs exp. under my belt) but if I don't know the answer I can try to find out for you by asking folk at work who would know. If you (OR ANYONE ON HERE, BTW) would like to ask me something & make sure i see it, pls feel free to send me a msg, or at least a heads up in my mailbox that you posted it under whatever topic heading & i will do my best.

Veldrina...

Are you taking questions in this thread? Altho I dont want to hijack another Veterans thread, because that Veteran certainly also deserves your attention, I would like to know if you are/can taking questions here. I am assuming you presently work for the VA, and maybe even answer questions here as part or all of your job.

Some time ago, an anonomyous rater using the name "James Breckenridge" on occasion, answered Vets questions and we appreciated it. He was careful not to use his real name/official position, but your presence here seems to indicate some sort of change of policy at the VA. That is, it would appear you are here to answer questions from an official point of view. If so, I would LOVEEEEEEEE to ask you a couple questions, and would like to be one of the first. My guess is that if you are answering Vets questions, Tbird would gladly give you your own section on this board.

Veldrina, Is there anything causing an unusual holdup at the VAROs at this time? I had mine remanded back from BVA in late August and was told it was a priority for that reason and then in early November that it would be reviewed with 45-60 days and now no one seems to know when.

I just saw this today....sry, i missed it earlier. Yes, i am taking questions, but not as part of my job at VA.. I am a rater at the VA RO in NY but I am not representing them or the VA in general in any way. I'm here of my own volition, both because I want to help and because I genuinely want to see what ppl think/where the problems are. I'm just as frsutrated as anybody with the way things are run, & if i can gain ANY insight as to how things could be better organized, I think it would be a win-win situation. There are limits on what I can do/answer because I am a "newbie" rater (less than 5 yrs exp. under my belt) but if I don't know the answer I can try to find out for you by asking folk at work who would know. If you (OR ANYONE ON HERE, BTW) would like to ask me something & make sure i see it, pls feel free to send me a msg, or at least a heads up in my mailbox that you posted it under whatever topic heading & i will do my best.