VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Expedited Appeal Request

Rate this topic

Carlie...I don't understand your point?? Are you saying I am gullible and naieve in believing what they tell me or are you offering assistance??

Dolphin,

No - I'm not at all implying you are gullible and naive but I am definitely pointing out that

getting a hearing scheduled in 30 days, in the majority of cases would be miraculous.

Sorry for the situation and pain you are in.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do remember your past posts Dolphin.

Since you did request a DRO "Review" and not a hearing which should have produced a SOC or SSOC, If I were you I would write to them as to the status and result of the DRO review you requested.

They KNOW how disabled you are and cannot really attend a hearing.

What VARO is this and I can give you internal phone numbers.That might help.

The DAV rep has a Boss.

He is on facebook:

“Please visit me online even if you are not registered with Facebook. I am at www.facebook.com/DAV.Commander. I hope to see you there. “

I dont do facebook but appparently you can state your concern there with him as to your local DAV rep.

You need to get a hold of someone from the DAV who will help you.

I went through this type of BS myself with the DAV.

It was resolved in the DAV attorney's office. I had sued the Rep I had.

BUT again I need state that with the SMC “L” your medical evidence MUST warrant the additional SMC steps up to the higher level of SMC you request..

The clock is ticking and the VA knows ful well you are too disabled to attend their hearing.

Berta...the DAV rep is in New Orleans, LA....actually their address is the same address as the VA Regional Office. You can bet one thing if I do win this case the DAV will be taking all the credit for thier hard work and bulldog tenacity in fighting for the Veteran against a bureaucracy that has shown itself to be large, cumbersome and complex and only by their sharp skills have I survived....yada yada yada yada

I have not received an SOC or SSOC. I may have two cases going on down there, one is an Appeal on my Housing Grant that I filed over 2 years ago and the other is my increase in Aid and Attendance. Maybe the two are causing a conflict in processing my claims???

Thank You

I do remember your past posts Dolphin.

Since you did request a DRO "Review" and not a hearing which should have produced a SOC or SSOC, If I were you I would write to them as to the status and result of the DRO review you requested.

They KNOW how disabled you are and cannot really attend a hearing.

What VARO is this and I can give you internal phone numbers.That might help.

The DAV rep has a Boss.

He is on facebook:

"Please visit me online even if you are not registered with Facebook. I am at www.facebook.com/DAV.Commander. I hope to see you there. "

I dont do facebook but appparently you can state your concern there with him as to your local DAV rep.

You need to get a hold of someone from the DAV who will help you.

I went through this type of BS myself with the DAV.

It was resolved in the DAV attorney's office. I had sued the Rep I had.

BUT again I need state that with the SMC "L" your medical evidence MUST warrant the additional SMC steps up to the higher level of SMC you request..

The clock is ticking and the VA knows ful well you are too disabled to attend their hearing.

New Orleans VARO

Rowland Christian director

1-504-619-4590

Fax 504- 366-4183

Veterans Service Center (VSM) Manager

Steve Kelly `1-504-619-4494

• HadIt.com Elder

And, while you have the DAV on the line, tell them that you need assistance in getting to your appointments. The DAV has always held themselves out to be one of the few vet orgs that will provide needed transportation to vets to make their meetings, etc. In a lot of locations they have vans with the DAV emblem painted all over them doing exactly that.

If they can't help you, call the Louisiana Dept. of Veterans Affairs:

Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs

P.O. Box 94095

Baton Rouge, LA 70804

225-922-0500

1-877-GEAUXVA

Fax: 225-922-0511

and stay on the 'phone until you get some satisfaction and some actual help.

I wish I was down there to help.

Larry...thank you for the reply and phone numbers...unfortunately the DAV does not transport wheelchair patients and the VA has what they call Special Transportation Services but I have not had any luck with them in getting transportation..they only transport Vets who are bedridden which I am for all intent but I can get in a Wheelchair if someone helps me into it and either pushes me or I have an electric wheelchair but cannot load it or get in it without assistance thus is why I am trying to get the next level of a rating so that I can hire someone. I would like to be able to hire someone to come in and help rehab me, come in a do some cleaning and cooking and come in and help bathe me and empty my catheter bags. All that comes to more than I have....I did at one time have the VA pick me up in a wheelchair van and the lady that got that help for me worked in the C&P office at the hospital and I had missed 3 C&P appts and she assured me that she would get me to the next one and she did but when I tried calling for them again they said they don't transport wheelchair vets...I ask them why do they have a friggin wheelchair van and I have already used it once...are you telling me it doesn't exist??? Guess I was hallucinating I am sure there is help out there but I don't know which button to push and I have pushed many many buttons all to no avail which is why I hate to call only to be turned down. But again DAV does not transport wheelchair vets as their vans are not equipped to load wheelchairs. They did tell me I could call City Bus transportation which is true but they don't come in the house and help one into the wheelchair and then they don't stay with you while at your appt. I cannot go it alone, for one I cannot sit up straight and am bent over at the waist which makes it hard for me to see where I am going and it makes it hard for me to breathe like that for any length of time....Hey Larry thank you for your thoughts and help, I really do appreciate that.

Best regards....

Dolphin

And, while you have the DAV on the line, tell them that you need assistance in getting to your appointments. The DAV has always held themselves out to be one of the few vet orgs that will provide needed transportation to vets to make their meetings, etc. In a lot of locations they have vans with the DAV emblem painted all over them doing exactly that.

If they can't help you, call the Louisiana Dept. of Veterans Affairs:

Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs

P.O. Box 94095

Baton Rouge, LA 70804

225-922-0500

1-877-GEAUXVA

Fax: 225-922-0511

and stay on the 'phone until you get some satisfaction and some actual help.

I wish I was down there to help.