VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthevet

Rate this question

titlewave

Question

I noticed the other day the MyHealtheVet now shows appointments - pending and past. While I was waiting for my C&P this would have been a real help. My concern was always they would schedule the exam and I would not get the notice. That did not happen to me. Everything went like clockwork.

This could be another resource to check if that is a concern for you.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I recently got an email that my there was a Secure Message from my PCP for me on MyHealtheVet, so I signed in and found zero messages repeatedly.

Guess I'll have to call them and see what it is.

Same thing happened to me maybe it was part of the testing I e-mailed them that I got the e-mail but no message on site. Have not heard back from them. Let us know what you find. I use seattle office.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

A couple of weeks ago, I talked with the myhealthevet lady. She said some of the newer features will be released at my VAMC before the end of February. I specifically asked about the feature where we can chat and send messaged to and from the VAMC personnel. She said that should be in there too. I am hopeful, but will believe it when I see it.

Here's the message:

"The following Secure Message Notification for the Triage group: Douglas D My HealtheVet Portland

You have one or more new Secure Messages waiting to be read. Please go to My

HealtheVet at https://www.myhealth.va.gov and access Secure Messaging to read

the message(s). To turn off this notification, access Secure Messaging, click on

Preferences and under New Message Notification, select None from the Notify Me:

dropdown menu.

Please do not reply to this message."

I don't recall anyone named Douglas in my treatment team.

I just called PCP and they have no idea.

The email I sent about it is yet to be answered.

The Secure Messaging feature is being rolled out incrementally across the nation. Portland was one of the first facilities to use this feature and Dr. Douglas is the leader of the secure messaging initiative there. To view messages, sign in the My HealtheVet and then click the Secure Messaging tab (in red, towards the top). You should be able to view messages in your inbox after you opt-in.

Regarding appointments, they will appear now if you have completed your in-person authentication (IPA) at any VA medical facility. Additionally, if you have completed your IPA you can access premium eBenefits. eBenefits allows you to see claims and appeal status, generate letters, view educational benefits, etc. See instructions below.

1. You must request a DS Logon, go to:

http://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-dslogon-portal-web/dslogonauth.portal

2. Log into MHV

3. Click the DS Logon Account Request tab

4. Verify your MHV account information, check both selection boxes, and click Request DS Logon Account

5. Write your activation code down or highlight and copy (you will need this in a minute)

6. Click Complete DS Logon account activation now

7. You may see a screen telling you that you are leaving MHV, click Continue to New Site

8. Enter the required profile information (including your activation code from the previous section) and click Continue

9. Create a password for your DS Logon (notice the requirements) and answer 5 security questions, click Create DS Logon

10. Make a note of your username (this is your DS Logon Username)

11. Go to www.ebenefits.va.gov

12. Click Log in

13. Enter your DS Logon and Password