VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veldrina

Rate this question

Papa

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

no, that wouldnt do it. It does take longer if something is handwritten, deopending on leibility, but that shouldnt necessarily delay the claim. The ever-shifting priorities are what delays things.

I'm honest on all my claims to the best of my mental ability. But, I was looking at a cover page that was attached to my C&P results, and it had hand written notes all over it, things like "please help me", and other remarks. Could this be the reason it is taking so long on my claim?

Papa

• Founder

I've heard this term also. So I asked and what I was told is that I know what happened to me, I tell the same story each time, I've been telling the same story for 20 years and it's always the same. I have a long and consistent set of treatment records for 20 years and that makes me a good historian. It is a positive thing.

I have another question in regards to my report that has been bothering me. In the report the Doctor states that I was a good Historian. What does she mean by that? Is this a code word that she believes that I was not telling her the truth? I hope not because this would be slander.

Papa

Apparently, I read it the wrong way. I'm glasd that it is a positive thing.

Papa

I really don't think anyone knows what the VA will do at any given time. I do know that I was not obese or had a eating problem prior to my military service. My shrink clearly linked it to my PTSD. Has your doctor linked your drinking with PTSD? That is the key. Are you getting treatment for your drinking problem, hope so. I use to belong to Over Eaters and they use the same concept as AA. One time we had a person from AA come and give us a talk. What he said amazed me. He said that he believed that a person with a eating problem is worse then a person with a drinking problem. I ask him why, and he said a person does not have to drink to live, but a person must eat to live. Still don't know if I buy into that. Good luck on your claim.

Papa

Zeldrina...I really like your style, we'd get along just fine...your analytic ability and rationale are on POINT! I wouldn't argue with a 70% one bit, given the past medical history is good. I'm always a proponent of 4.1, 4.2, and 4.7.

Do you know Howie?

Thank ye ;) Howie ....? i know a howie from DAV who is now a rater in training. That How?

Zeldrina...I really like your style, we'd get along just fine...your analytic ability and rationale are on POINT! I wouldn't argue with a 70% one bit, given the past medical history is good. I'm always a proponent of 4.1, 4.2, and 4.7.

Do you know Howie?