VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veldrina

Rate this question

Papa

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have another question in regards to my report that has been bothering me. In the report the Doctor states that I was a good Historian. What does she mean by that? Is this a code word that she believes that I was not telling her the truth? I hope not because this would be slander.

Papa

Reference you question about a "good historian", I found this on an insurance site.

"If you are willing to document, including use of the confidential insurance injury claim diary, you will become a good historian for your doctor. And being a good historian means that you will be able to make your doctor's records positive, effective for insurance claim.

Thus, with thorough and accurate medical records and your documentation and your confidential personal injury claim diary, you will have made the foundation for a sound presentation of your pain and suffering and the extent to which your bodily injuries interfere with your work, hobbies, and your general enjoyment of life. That is how you start on the road to achieving a maximum dollar settlement of your own personal injury insurance claim."

Sounds to me that it just means you document your medical history well.

Thanks Bulldogpete for the positive message, but this is the VA!!!

Papa

exactly bulldog :) in other words, it means you reported your history accurately . We have vets who are forgetful, have dementia or are so memory impaired that they are not good historians, We also have those who lie (no, i never abused substancesm, ever!) then when confronted with their medical history, they back down (oh yeah, i didnt know you meant crack...) So the doc is basically saying your responses were accurate with what they have on charts for you.

Reference you question about a "good historian", I found this on an insurance site.

"If you are willing to document, including use of the confidential insurance injury claim diary, you will become a good historian for your doctor. And being a good historian means that you will be able to make your doctor's records positive, effective for insurance claim.

Thus, with thorough and accurate medical records and your documentation and your confidential personal injury claim diary, you will have made the foundation for a sound presentation of your pain and suffering and the extent to which your bodily injuries interfere with your work, hobbies, and your general enjoyment of life. That is how you start on the road to achieving a maximum dollar settlement of your own personal injury insurance claim."

Sounds to me that it just means you document your medical history well.

I'm honest on all my claims to the best of my mental ability. But, I was looking at a cover page that was attached to my C&P results, and it had hand written notes all over it, things like "please help me", and other remarks. Could this be the reason it is taking so long on my claim?

Papa