Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Specal Outreach, Has Opened The Door To All

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

DEAR VETERANS, PLEASE READ ,THIS NEW ADDITION ON VA HOME PAGE, THIA APPLIES TO ALL, NOT JUST THE 7 STATES,ALL CLAMIS DENIED , DUSPUTE IN RADINGS, ARE THERE FOR YOU, NOT JUAT THE 7 STATES, OUR GOVERMENT, HAS OPENDED A NEW DOOR,WHY KEEP THE OLD CLAIM ACTIVE?THERE IS ALSO A RATING PAGE, THE GOVERMENT, HAS GIVEN YOU THE RIGHT TO FILE NEW CLAIMS,THE ISSUE OF SPECAL OPERATIONS, IS STATED YHE GOVERMENT WANTS EVERY ONE TO GET THE SAME EQUAL RATING, THAT THEY A INTITTLED TOO, THAT IS YOU. WHY KEEP A CLAIM ACTIVE, AND GET NOWARE, IT DOESN,T MAKE SENCE DOES IT ? THE FORUM IS SO FULL OF HELP QUESTIONS ,ABOUT BENIFITS,RATINGS,THIS WOULD CUT DOWN A LOT OF TOPICS,THAT APPLY TO WHAT, SPECIAL OUT REACH IS ALL ABOUT. WHY KEEP TRYING TO PROVE YOUR,YOUR CLAIM THAT MIGHT BE 10 YS OR OLDER. PUT ALL YOUR ISSUES ASIDE, GO FORDWARD WITH SPECIAL OPERATIONS,OPEN A NEW CLAIM,FORGET THE OLD ONE,YPU ARE FIGHTING A BATTLE YOU CAN NOT WIN,YOUR CLAIMS ARE OLD,VA WILL APPLY OLD RATES TO YOUR CLAIMS,IF THEY EVER GO TO YOUR FILE,STEP, INTO 2006,YOOU CLAIM WILL NOW BE UP TO DATE , A YOU WILL BE RATING,UNDER 2006,I HOPE I HAVE MADE MY POINT,I WANT EVERYONE OR YOU TO GET WHAT YOU SHOULD PLEASE READ, SPECIAL OUTREACH ON THE VA HOME PAGE FRANK

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I disagree with the way you are interpreting this info at the VA web site-

I think a vet should pursue a valid claim for as long as it takes-

I have seen retro awards well over $100,000 for vets and widows who refused to give up on their claims.

The VA would just love it if vets gave up on old claims, then re-opened a new claim-

much less retro to pay-

I only read one statement under the VA Special Outreach stuff and a big red flag unfolded right before me:

"Do I need to do anything if I have a claim or appeal pending with VA?

No, you do not have to do anything additional with regard to your pending claim or appeal. "(VA web page)

They say this twice at the Outreach site-

Yeah right- dont get your SMRs, your c file, your med recs, an IMO,buddy statements, or do anything at all- and just sit there and hope that they will change their mind over their past denial.

I am sorry Frank but after decades of dealing with the VA- the Outreach stuff there is interesting but if they suggested that vets become proactive with their claims it would be better-

They state that "availability" of evidence can alter the time a claim takes-

yet many here know just how that can go-

The time they take to ignore evidence is often what alters the time a claim takes.

VA also forgot to give vets at this new page a link to one of the most important claims factors , 38 CFR ,which ultimately controls all claims. Since they rattle off 38 CFR in all VA decisions, you would think they would put a link to 38 at this new page.

And they certainly forgot to put a link here to hadit-

where veterans can read parsed VA lingo and know what it really means.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA often tricks Vets into opening a new claim.

Guest frank
I disagree with the way you are interpreting this info at the VA web site-

I think a vet should pursue a valid claim for as long as it takes-

I have seen retro awards well over $100,000 for vets and widows who refused to give up on their claims.

The VA would just love it if vets gave up on old claims, then re-opened a new claim-

much less retro to pay-

I only read one statement under the VA Special Outreach stuff and a big red flag unfolded right before me:

"Do I need to do anything if I have a claim or appeal pending with VA?

No, you do not have to do anything additional with regard to your pending claim or appeal. "(VA web page)

They say this twice at the Outreach site-

Yeah right- dont get your SMRs, your c file, your med recs, an IMO,buddy statements, or do anything at all- and just sit there and hope that they will change their mind over their past denial.

I am sorry Frank but after decades of dealing with the VA- the Outreach stuff there is interesting but if they suggested that vets become proactive with their claims it would be better-

They state that "availability" of evidence can alter the time a claim takes-

yet many here know just how that can go-

The time they take to ignore evidence is often what alters the time a claim takes.

VA also forgot to give vets at this new page a link to one of the most important claims factors , 38 CFR ,which ultimately controls all claims. Since they rattle off 38 CFR in all VA decisions, you would think they would put a link to 38 at this new page.

And they certainly forgot to put a link here to hadit-

where veterans can read parsed VA lingo and know what it really means.

BRETA, I ALWAYS RESPECT,YOUR POSTS AND TOPICS,BUT THIS DOES NOT STATE WE ,MUST CLOSE OUR CLAIMS,WE CAN STILL APPLY THE LAW,UND ED THE STATEMENT YOU DON,T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING, BUT WHY NOT KEEP OUR OLD CLAME OPEN OPEN, APPLY THE DATE OF OLD CLAIM, STATING TO VA DO NOT CLOSE OLD CLAIM APPLY ,KEEP ACTIVE YHEN FILE THAT CLAIM UNDER SPECIAL OUTREACH AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS? I FELL VA HAS GIVEN US A WAY TO COVER US UNDER THIS LAW . REMENBER IT STATES YOU DON,T HAVE TO DO ANYTHIND,UNDER THAT STATMENT GIVES US A RIGHT TO KEEP OUR CLAIMS OPEN NO WHERE DOES IT STATE YOU MUST FILE A NEW CLAIM. BUT IT DOES STATE WE CAN OPEN A NEW CLAIM WE JUST CHANGE THE WORDING OF THE OLD CLAIM MATTER OF FACT I THINK WE CAN SUMIT A LETTER FROM DOCTOR STAYING OUR CONDITIONS HAVE GOTTEN WORSE, THIS WAY WE KEEP ALL BASIS COVERED FRANK

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA often jumps on new evidence as a rational for a later effective date. They did this with me. I had a claim open for 4 years. It had been to the BVA and back on Remand and then another jive C&P. I had to submitt new evidence or I would have gotten nowhere. So the effective date became the date of the new evidence.

Guest frank
The VA often tricks Vets into opening a new claim.
PETE PLEASE READ MY REPLY TO BRETA,NO VETERAN TRUST VA,SOMEWHER I HAVE A TOPIC THAT IS UNDER I HAVE A PROBLEM TO BE BREIF. I AM 100% IN 46-49 I AM,100% FROM 52-56 I DID FILE A CLAIM IN 49 HAVE THAT LETTER HAS VA SEAL ON IT,HAD INS POLICY THAT PAID INTREST,THIS POLICY WAS ALWAYS ACTIVE UNTIL 2003,WHEN I GOT ALL RECORDS FROM VA, WITH THE HELP OR A WONDERFUL WOMAN AY VA THAT SENT ME EVERYTHING,IN 1978, I THR TO OPEN CLAIM FOR AIR FORCE AND NAVY,VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND,IN 2003,AFTER GETTING RECORDS FROM LABY AT VA ,SHE MADE COPIES OF EVERYTHING, ALL RECORDS AIR FORCE AND NAVY GRANT MY 100% YET VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND I FELL AND I MY BE WRONG, BUT AS I AM SINGLE IN AIR FORCE AND NAVY SOMEONE, HAS BEEN GETTING THOSE CHECKS ALL THESE YEARS, WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE ADDRESS ON POLICY IN 03? WHEN I GET MY RECORDS? I HAVE NO ACCESS TO POLICY BECAUSE OF ADRESS CHANGE , I CAN,T GET A NEW PIN, I HAVE A NEWSPAPER REPORTOR,ON THE CASE I HAVE GIVING HIM, FULL PERMISSION TO DO ANYTHING HE HAS TO DO AND YOU THINK I TRUST THE VA,IF ANYTHING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM ALL GO IN COMBAT IN THIS USELISS WAR. I AM ALSO ON THE USS WASP THE NIGHT IT SUNK THE HOBSON, AND I WATCHED 179 MEN GO TO THEIR GRAVES TO THIS DAY IT BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES I DID FILE UNDER SPECIAL OUTREACH,BECAUSE I HAVE COPY OF CLAIM 1949 FRANK

Guest frank

HI JOHN ,PLEASE READ MY REPLY TO BRETA AND PETE,I FELL YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CLAIM OPEN GET A LETTER FROM YOUR DOCTOR,YOUR CONDITION HAS GOTTEN WORST AN FILE NEW CLAIM FOR NEW EVEDINCE UNDER SPECIAL OUTREACH NEW CLAIM YOU WOULD NOT NEED TO CLOSE THE OLD CLAIM,I FELL THIS IS A GOING TO GIVE VA PROBLEMS,BECAUSE NO WHERE DOES IT STATE TO CLOSE YOUR OLD CLAIM FRANK

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

Once you submitt new evidence on an existing claim if the VA thinks that the claim is a winner they will seize on the date of the new evidence and that will become your new effective date. Your back pay goes out the window.

Guest frank

Frank

Once you submitt new evidence on an existing claim if the VA thinks that the claim is a winner they will seize on the date of the new

JOHN YOU ARE WRONG,READ SPECIAL OUTREACH,IT STATES YOU DO NOY HAVE YO DO ANYTHING,NOW NO VER TRUST VA THAT FOR SURE,BUT VA HAS MADE A MISTAKE IN THE STATMENT IT CLEARLY STATES YOU DON,T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING GIVING ME A OPTION,I CHOOSE TIO APPLY MY CLAIM TO OUTREACH STATIS BUT I RESERVE THE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP MY CLAIM AND DATE OF ORIGINAS CLAIM ACTIVE, THIS WAY YOU CAN APPLY FOR SPECIAL OPERATIONS, ONCE THEY GIVE YOU A NEW RATING YOU CAN DROP CLAIM, BUT YOU RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO VA CANNOT CLOSE YOUR OLD CLAIM BECAUSE THEY WOULD NEED YOUR PERMISSION IN WRITING TO DO SO. FRANK

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

Direct me to "Special Outreach". We may be talking apples and oranges. What I am saying is that when you add new evidence to an existing claim the VA may grant your claim, but use the new evidence to change the ED. I guess I am just not understanding Special Outreach regulations. I have never heard of this . Show me where this regulation is the CFR. This has happened to almost every vet here.

Guest frank
Frank

Direct me to "Special Outreach". We may be talking apples and oranges. What I am saying is that when you add new evidence to an existing claim the VA may grant your claim, but use the new evidence to change the ED. I guess I am just not understanding Special Outreach regulations. I have never heard of this . Show me where this regulation is the CFR. This has happened to almost every vet here.

JOHN, GO TO VA HOME PAGE,SCROLL DOWN SPECIAL OUTREACH IS THERE FRANK

Guest frank
JOHN, GO TO VA HOME PAGE,SCROLL DOWN SPECIAL OUTREACH IS THERE FRANK
john, i would like to add one thing, va by law must go back go back date of claim this is cfr law., my date is 1949 i am 100% IN AIR FORCE AND 100% IN NAVY PTSD, UNDER REACHOUT PROGRAM THEY MUST GO BACK TO THE DATE OF FIRST CLAIM FRAMK

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

I read special outreach. Good luck getting the back pay you are talking about . You are going to need it. This is nothing knew, Frank. You are going to get screwed just like the rest of us. You better read the fine print. If you claim was finalized unless their is CUE you will have to reopen with new evidence, or that your disability has increased. You need evidence for that and the effective date will be the date you reopen the claim.

Guest frank
Frank

I read special outreach. Good luck getting the back pay you are talking about . You are going to need it. This is nothing knew, Frank. You are going to get screwed just like the rest of us. You better read the fine print. If you claim was finalized unless their is CUE you will have to reopen with new evidence, or that your disability has increased. You need evidence for that and the effective date will be the date you reopen the claim.

john i am 100% ptsd i see a phychologist every week,she is writing a letter to va stating my ptsd is worst,because of va ,keeping back records i needed all thes years, va does know i am 1005 AND UNDER CFR,COMPENSATOOM, MUSY START BACK TO DATE I OPENED CLAIM THAT DATE IS DEC 1949 UNDER SPECIAL OPERATIONS ,A HIGHTER RATE MUST BE GIVEN,THAT I HAD FILED UNDER MY OWN ORIGINAL CLAM OF 1949 THIS I HAVE PROVEN WITH LETTER BUT UNDER OUTREACH THEY WILL PAY UNDER NEW RATE, NOT OLD RATE OF 1949. THERE IS ALSO A 100% RADING FROM NAVY THAT I APPLIED TO SPECIAL OPERATION VA HAS FULL KNOWLEDGE OF BOTH 100% ISSUES HOW THEY WILL ADDRESS IT I DON,T KNOW THERE ALSO ADDITIONAL MEDICAL RECORDS GIVING ME ANOTHER 100% I DO HAVE A CUE PLUS I AM NOT DROPING ANY CLAIMS OR APPEALS I THINK SPECAL OPERATION WOULD BE GOOD FOR ME AS I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY. BUT I STILL FELL YOU ARE WRONG NOT TO APPLY FOR IT WITH YOUR OLD CLAIMS,VETERANS ARE DO NOT TRUST VA AND I DON,T BLAIME THEM. DID YOU KNOW 100% IN NEW MEXICO PAYS 8,000 A MONTH THIS IS WHAT THIS SPECIAL OPERATIONS IS ALL ABOUT,TO BRING ALL VETRRANS IS ALL ABOUT TO BRING ALL VETERANS TO GET EVERY STATE TO PAY THE SAME RATE NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, AND MAYBE WILL DO IT FOR YOU ANYWAY,THEY STATE IF YOU DO NOTHING AND HAVE A CLAIM IN MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ THE FINE PRINT AGAIN FRANK

Guest frank
Frank

JOHN I WOULD LIKE TO STATE MY CLAIM IS NOT,FINALIZED HOWEVER THERE IS A STATEMENT FOUNT IN MY FILES STATING SERVICE CONNECTER AIR FORCE 1994 100% AGAIN THEY STATE THE SAME I 1089 AND 1993 SO I DO NOT NEED ANY EVIDENCE FOR I HAVE MY HOSPITAL RECORDS IN HOSPITAL 7 MONTHS IN JAPAN.PTSD IS GIVEN IN 52-56 1005 I DON,T NEED ANY EVIDENCE FOR I AM ON THE USS WASP THE NIGHT WE SUNK HOBSON AND I WATCHED 179 MEN GO TO THRIR GRAVES FRANK

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

What exactly are you trying to get from the VA. Is it an earlier effective date? Did you file a claim much earlier than 1993. I just don't understand all the aspects of your claim. I know you can have a condition but if you don't file a claim you don't get money or service connection. I know there are no secret tricks to getting service connection or an EED. I am not putting you down or downgrading your problems. I just am not clear on all the circumstances. All the rules and regs are out there but it is trying to get the VA to do the right thing that is the problem.

Guest frank

Frank

What exactly are you trying to get from the VA. Is it an earlier effective date? Did you file a claim much earlier than 1993. I just don't understand all the aspects of your claim. I know you can have a condition but if you don't file a claim you don't get money or service connection. I know there are no secret tricks to getting service connection or an EED. I am not putting you down or downgrading your problems. I just am not clear on all the circumstances. All the rules and regs are out there but it is trying to get the VA to do the right thing that is the problem.

[/quoteJ JOHN, AS I EXPLAINED I HAD TRIED TO GET MY RECORDS FROM AIR FORCE 1949, I OPENED THAT CLAIM IN DEC OF 49. I HAVE THAT LETTER WITH THE VA STAMP ON IT. I AM IN HOSPITAL IN JARAN FOR 7 MONTHS FOR RADIATION PLUS RASH COVERING MY BODY, WHEN I TRIED TO FIND MY RECORDS, VA STATED NO RECORDS FOUND, I TRY 3 MORE TIMES,TO GET RECORDS IN 78 93 AGAIN NO RECORDS FOUND,IN 1994 I GET LETTER FROM VA, STATING YOU ARE !00% FOR NON SERVICE CONNECTED ACCORING, TO YOUR RECORDS OF1948 THEY WERE CAUGHT IN A LIE,WHEN I GOT ALL SERVICE RECORDS IN 2003 I FOUND ALL MY RECORDS FROM AIR FORCE.NAVY, AND A COPY OF MY CLAIM 1949,UNDER LAW VA HAS TO GO BACK TO THE FIRST DATE YOU MADE CLAIM THAT WOULD BE 49,VA HAS KNODLEDGE OF MY INTENT TO GO BACK TO 1949 THIS IS WHAT I AM DOING,THAT,S I THOUGHT SPECIAL POERATION IS SO GOOD IN MY CASE I WILL BE PAID 2006 RATES BACK TO 1949. VA KNOWS THIS THET ARE VERY QUITE,TRYING TO WORK IT OUT,BUT THEY ARE STUCK NOW BECAUSE I PUT IN A CUE YO AFFECTED DATE OF 49 I HAVE THE PROOF I NEED ,TO PROVE MY CASE OF 49. NOW COMES NAVY I HAVE MISTAKES ON MY SMR AT DISCHARGE I HAVE SOMEONE SMR BUT THEY ARE NOT MINE,HOWEVER IN 1994 I HAVE A EXEM AT VA AN DOCTOR STATES THE SAME AS NAVY SMR ONE IS A HEART CONDITION,AND I DON,T HAVE A HEART CONDITION ANYWAY I GET 100% FOR PTSD 52-56 THEY START MY COMPENSATION IN 2003 I FILE A APPEAL FOR 1949 PLUS 52-56 THAT IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO FRANK

Guest morgan

Frank,

Each of us must do what we think is best for our claims, and I'm sure you know your claim since you are so proactive. But nothing will ever change until the VA rater is no longer given the authority to assign probative value to competent medical evidence (from licensed medical professionals), and until the RO and its deciding raters are held accountable for claims that are successful on appeal. If this happened, then the backlog would clear up quickly. But it's not going to happen, because the VA is "obligated" to protect the government's interest while assisting a veteran in the so-called nonadversarial process. In short, I think most VA raters will always do what they want to because they know they have no accountability, whether its the first time around or a "recall" on old claims. I agree with Hoppy's idea: NO VETERAN LEFT BEHIND. Reparation. It's time. If we could rally veterans behind his idea, we might make a dent in the injustices most veterans have suffered. I think today's political climate could possibly hold favor for veterans.

Special outreach? BUNK. It is more smoke and mirrors, and will surely add to the already backlogged claims.

JMHO.

Carrie

• HadIt.com Elder

Frank

Now I get it. I think the CUE is what will work eventually since the VA had your claim and ignored it for 50 years. You know they are going to try and wiggle out of the backpay somehow. I would use my congressman to the full extent on this. Good luck and I mean it. This is a case where you will have to prove CUE.

John

Guest frank
Frank,

Each of us must do what we think is best for our claims, and I'm sure you know your claim since you are so proactive. But nothing will ever change until the VA rater is no longer given the authority to assign probative value to competent medical evidence (from licensed medical professionals), and until the RO and its deciding raters are held accountable for claims that are successful on appeal. If this happened, then the backlog would clear up quickly. But it's not going to happen, because the VA is "obligated" to protect the government's interest while assisting a veteran in the so-called nonadversarial process. In short, I think most VA raters will always do what they want to because they know they have no accountability, whether its the first time around or a "recall" on old claims. I agree with Hoppy's idea: NO VETERAN LEFT BEHIND. Reparation. It's time. If we could rally veterans behind his idea, we might make a dent in the injustices most veterans have suffered. I think today's political climate could possibly hold favor for veterans.

Special outreach? BUNK. It is more smoke and mirrors, and will surely add to the already backlogged claims.

JMHO.

Carrie

CARRIE,THANK YOU FIR YOUR RESPOND . ISUPPORT HOPPY 100% I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE HIM ADD SOME THING ELSE, ON VETERANS CAN WORK FOR VA UNDER THIS BILL. VETERANS TRUST EACH OTHER . AS FOR SPECIAL OUTREACH I DO THINK IT,S A GOOD IDEA ALL OF US WILL BE RATED EQUAL 100% in mew mexico gets 8,000 a month why nj only gets 2,500 a month for 100% this bill is only to make sure we are all equal in each disiaably we have i think it,s a good idea i did put in a claim under special operations back date to 1949 with no new claim i have proof of this rating so they can ajust my payment thto the new equal rate i have proof of the letter i wrote to va in 1949 this has the va stamp on it . look over special operations again this is open to everyone frank

Guest frank
Frank

Now I get it. I think the CUE is what will work eventually since the VA had your claim and ignored it for 50 years. You know they are going to try and wiggle out of the backpay somehow. I would use my congressman to the full extent on this. Good luck and I mean it. This is a case where you will have to prove CUE.

John

JOHN THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPOND,GLAD YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN . BETTER THEN A GOOD FOR NOTHING CONGRSMAN I GO A NEWSPAPER REPORTOR, THAT IS THE NEWARK STSR LEDGER BASED IN NEWARK HOME OF THE ROVA. I HAVE GIVEN THE REPORTOR WRITTEN PERMISSION TO GET ANYTHING HE NEEDS HE IS LOOKING INTO WHY I WAS IN HOSPITAL 7 MONTHS FOR NO MEDICAL RECORDS FOUND BUT HE WILL STARTING LOOKING,I DO HAVE HOSPITAL RECORDS STATING DAILY REPORTS I AM GETTING SHOTS 3 TIMES A DAY,I AM EXPOSED TO RADADATION,HAVE SON BORN WITH REAR TUMOR HAD ONE DAUGHTER BORN DEAD,THE TUMOR TURNED TO CANCER IF VA WOULR OR TURNED OVER THOSE RECORDS WHEN I ASKED WE COULD OF HAD CHECK UP FOR RADADITION VA ALWAYS STATED NO RECORDS FOUND RECORDS WERE ALWAYS THERE THEY ARE A ROTTON PEOPLE THAT,S WANT THEM ALL SENT INTO COMBAT,BEFORE OUR TROUPS, MY SON IS DOING OK THANK GOD I AM TRING TO GET HIM ON MY AWARD LETTER SO WHEN I DIE I WILL KNOW HE HAS HEALTH COVERAGE AND A CHECK EACH MONTH VA IS GIVING ME A HARD TIME OVER THIS BUT THIS IS A BATTLR THEY CANNOT WIN FRANK