VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Specal Outreach, Has Opened The Door To All

Rate this question

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

DEAR VETERANS, PLEASE READ ,THIS NEW ADDITION ON VA HOME PAGE, THIA APPLIES TO ALL, NOT JUST THE 7 STATES,ALL CLAMIS DENIED , DUSPUTE IN RADINGS, ARE THERE FOR YOU, NOT JUAT THE 7 STATES, OUR GOVERMENT, HAS OPENDED A NEW DOOR,WHY KEEP THE OLD CLAIM ACTIVE?THERE IS ALSO A RATING PAGE, THE GOVERMENT, HAS GIVEN YOU THE RIGHT TO FILE NEW CLAIMS,THE ISSUE OF SPECAL OPERATIONS, IS STATED YHE GOVERMENT WANTS EVERY ONE TO GET THE SAME EQUAL RATING, THAT THEY A INTITTLED TOO, THAT IS YOU. WHY KEEP A CLAIM ACTIVE, AND GET NOWARE, IT DOESN,T MAKE SENCE DOES IT ? THE FORUM IS SO FULL OF HELP QUESTIONS ,ABOUT BENIFITS,RATINGS,THIS WOULD CUT DOWN A LOT OF TOPICS,THAT APPLY TO WHAT, SPECIAL OUT REACH IS ALL ABOUT. WHY KEEP TRYING TO PROVE YOUR,YOUR CLAIM THAT MIGHT BE 10 YS OR OLDER. PUT ALL YOUR ISSUES ASIDE, GO FORDWARD WITH SPECIAL OPERATIONS,OPEN A NEW CLAIM,FORGET THE OLD ONE,YPU ARE FIGHTING A BATTLE YOU CAN NOT WIN,YOUR CLAIMS ARE OLD,VA WILL APPLY OLD RATES TO YOUR CLAIMS,IF THEY EVER GO TO YOUR FILE,STEP, INTO 2006,YOOU CLAIM WILL NOW BE UP TO DATE , A YOU WILL BE RATING,UNDER 2006,I HOPE I HAVE MADE MY POINT,I WANT EVERYONE OR YOU TO GET WHAT YOU SHOULD PLEASE READ, SPECIAL OUTREACH ON THE VA HOME PAGE FRANK

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I disagree with the way you are interpreting this info at the VA web site-

I think a vet should pursue a valid claim for as long as it takes-

I have seen retro awards well over $100,000 for vets and widows who refused to give up on their claims.

The VA would just love it if vets gave up on old claims, then re-opened a new claim-

much less retro to pay-

I only read one statement under the VA Special Outreach stuff and a big red flag unfolded right before me:

"Do I need to do anything if I have a claim or appeal pending with VA?

No, you do not have to do anything additional with regard to your pending claim or appeal. "(VA web page)

They say this twice at the Outreach site-

Yeah right- dont get your SMRs, your c file, your med recs, an IMO,buddy statements, or do anything at all- and just sit there and hope that they will change their mind over their past denial.

I am sorry Frank but after decades of dealing with the VA- the Outreach stuff there is interesting but if they suggested that vets become proactive with their claims it would be better-

They state that "availability" of evidence can alter the time a claim takes-

yet many here know just how that can go-

The time they take to ignore evidence is often what alters the time a claim takes.

VA also forgot to give vets at this new page a link to one of the most important claims factors , 38 CFR ,which ultimately controls all claims. Since they rattle off 38 CFR in all VA decisions, you would think they would put a link to 38 at this new page.

And they certainly forgot to put a link here to hadit-

where veterans can read parsed VA lingo and know what it really means.

Guest frank
I disagree with the way you are interpreting this info at the VA web site-

I think a vet should pursue a valid claim for as long as it takes-

I have seen retro awards well over $100,000 for vets and widows who refused to give up on their claims.

The VA would just love it if vets gave up on old claims, then re-opened a new claim-

much less retro to pay-

I only read one statement under the VA Special Outreach stuff and a big red flag unfolded right before me:

"Do I need to do anything if I have a claim or appeal pending with VA?

No, you do not have to do anything additional with regard to your pending claim or appeal. "(VA web page)

They say this twice at the Outreach site-

Yeah right- dont get your SMRs, your c file, your med recs, an IMO,buddy statements, or do anything at all- and just sit there and hope that they will change their mind over their past denial.

I am sorry Frank but after decades of dealing with the VA- the Outreach stuff there is interesting but if they suggested that vets become proactive with their claims it would be better-

They state that "availability" of evidence can alter the time a claim takes-

yet many here know just how that can go-

The time they take to ignore evidence is often what alters the time a claim takes.

VA also forgot to give vets at this new page a link to one of the most important claims factors , 38 CFR ,which ultimately controls all claims. Since they rattle off 38 CFR in all VA decisions, you would think they would put a link to 38 at this new page.

And they certainly forgot to put a link here to hadit-

where veterans can read parsed VA lingo and know what it really means.

BRETA, I ALWAYS RESPECT,YOUR POSTS AND TOPICS,BUT THIS DOES NOT STATE WE ,MUST CLOSE OUR CLAIMS,WE CAN STILL APPLY THE LAW,UND ED THE STATEMENT YOU DON,T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING, BUT WHY NOT KEEP OUR OLD CLAME OPEN OPEN, APPLY THE DATE OF OLD CLAIM, STATING TO VA DO NOT CLOSE OLD CLAIM APPLY ,KEEP ACTIVE YHEN FILE THAT CLAIM UNDER SPECIAL OUTREACH AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS? I FELL VA HAS GIVEN US A WAY TO COVER US UNDER THIS LAW . REMENBER IT STATES YOU DON,T HAVE TO DO ANYTHIND,UNDER THAT STATMENT GIVES US A RIGHT TO KEEP OUR CLAIMS OPEN NO WHERE DOES IT STATE YOU MUST FILE A NEW CLAIM. BUT IT DOES STATE WE CAN OPEN A NEW CLAIM WE JUST CHANGE THE WORDING OF THE OLD CLAIM MATTER OF FACT I THINK WE CAN SUMIT A LETTER FROM DOCTOR STAYING OUR CONDITIONS HAVE GOTTEN WORSE, THIS WAY WE KEEP ALL BASIS COVERED FRANK

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA often jumps on new evidence as a rational for a later effective date. They did this with me. I had a claim open for 4 years. It had been to the BVA and back on Remand and then another jive C&P. I had to submitt new evidence or I would have gotten nowhere. So the effective date became the date of the new evidence.

Guest frank
The VA often tricks Vets into opening a new claim.
PETE PLEASE READ MY REPLY TO BRETA,NO VETERAN TRUST VA,SOMEWHER I HAVE A TOPIC THAT IS UNDER I HAVE A PROBLEM TO BE BREIF. I AM 100% IN 46-49 I AM,100% FROM 52-56 I DID FILE A CLAIM IN 49 HAVE THAT LETTER HAS VA SEAL ON IT,HAD INS POLICY THAT PAID INTREST,THIS POLICY WAS ALWAYS ACTIVE UNTIL 2003,WHEN I GOT ALL RECORDS FROM VA, WITH THE HELP OR A WONDERFUL WOMAN AY VA THAT SENT ME EVERYTHING,IN 1978, I THR TO OPEN CLAIM FOR AIR FORCE AND NAVY,VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND,IN 2003,AFTER GETTING RECORDS FROM LABY AT VA ,SHE MADE COPIES OF EVERYTHING, ALL RECORDS AIR FORCE AND NAVY GRANT MY 100% YET VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND I FELL AND I MY BE WRONG, BUT AS I AM SINGLE IN AIR FORCE AND NAVY SOMEONE, HAS BEEN GETTING THOSE CHECKS ALL THESE YEARS, WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE ADDRESS ON POLICY IN 03? WHEN I GET MY RECORDS? I HAVE NO ACCESS TO POLICY BECAUSE OF ADRESS CHANGE , I CAN,T GET A NEW PIN, I HAVE A NEWSPAPER REPORTOR,ON THE CASE I HAVE GIVING HIM, FULL PERMISSION TO DO ANYTHING HE HAS TO DO AND YOU THINK I TRUST THE VA,IF ANYTHING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM ALL GO IN COMBAT IN THIS USELISS WAR. I AM ALSO ON THE USS WASP THE NIGHT IT SUNK THE HOBSON, AND I WATCHED 179 MEN GO TO THEIR GRAVES TO THIS DAY IT BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES I DID FILE UNDER SPECIAL OUTREACH,BECAUSE I HAVE COPY OF CLAIM 1949 FRANK

Guest frank

HI JOHN ,PLEASE READ MY REPLY TO BRETA AND PETE,I FELL YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CLAIM OPEN GET A LETTER FROM YOUR DOCTOR,YOUR CONDITION HAS GOTTEN WORST AN FILE NEW CLAIM FOR NEW EVEDINCE UNDER SPECIAL OUTREACH NEW CLAIM YOU WOULD NOT NEED TO CLOSE THE OLD CLAIM,I FELL THIS IS A GOING TO GIVE VA PROBLEMS,BECAUSE NO WHERE DOES IT STATE TO CLOSE YOUR OLD CLAIM FRANK