VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va "incentive" Cash To Employees And

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdogtoday.org/

the VA “incentive program” article here today-

I guess they are calling employee bonuses ---- cash 'incentives' now

and link to Harvey V Shinseki:

http://www.vawatchdogtoday.org/uploads/court_case.pdf

“VA Secretary ordered to pay over $19,000 in attorney fees"

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Bonuses? really?? where??? We haven't gotten any bonuses or awards in years. The only "bonus" we ever got was some extra $ that would be doles out to the teams which would amount to maybe 50 per person, sometimes less. This yr, nothing. Next yr will be same thing. The "incentive" awards they are talking about is nothing new really. if you perform in all your job capacities as "outstanding", then you get a bonus of maybe 100....TOPS $500 but it's all taxed, so ur looking at 250 or so when all told. And to get outstanding in ALL areas, you have to do above your standard (3.5 pts) CONSISTENTLY, above accuracy (90%) for the entire award period (ie whenever period they decide to review you for however long), and go "above & beyond your job". lrey it;s har dto make the standard with the archaic points system, and accuracy means your ratings can NEVER have an error. EVER. Goddess forbid the program messes up the wording in your claim or you miss a detail. And "Above & beyond" isn;t exactly explained. mostly, it;s a LOT of paperwork for the coach to explain why we are outstanding, and it;s both time-consuming, and they've been accused of favoritism in the past by other disgruntled folk. For Satisfactory, it's just checkmarks. So yeah, bonuses are like unicorns...much cited, never seen.

Veldrina

Please do not take this the wrong way or anything in that nature because I know you help us on here.

I have read most of your posts on here and I want to say something because it is bothering me. Do you realize that us in the workforce are also having problems? Do you know that I haven't had a raise whatsoever in over 3 years? Do you know that my position in IT was eliminated in 2009 and I had to take a lower paying position in something I didn't want to do that is not even IT related?

The point I am making is you are not alone, we are all suffering and it is worse that what the government is saying it is.

Good day...

Let's not get side tracked. The Government doesn't tell private companies where to place their employees. Its just like the NFL lockout, the owners, management, and the Commissioner, wants to frame it as a millionaire arguing with a billionaire issue, in hopes that we the people buy off on it and forget the real issue is the workers (the player, although they are well paid, they are still the workforce vs. the management (owners, commish). Bottom line is companies want profit, and they can't do it with you and I the workforce making 30 bucks and hour, we are making management money. Instead they would rather cut our position, force us to take a lesser paying job, and BLAME IT SQUARELY ON THE GOVERNMENT. Currently, I work for a private contract and I have been forced, by management, to take a cut, twice. This is the main reason I am trying hard to get back in to public service, and leave the private sector to the private greedy, cutthroats. Not my cup of tea...

Edited by myround0

GM tried to tell America it was the government who killed Pontiac, when in fact one of their VP's killed Pontiac, when he stated the Trans Am will never be made again. Fact of the matter is Corporate greed is the root of all these issues.

oh believe me, i know, i have friends outside federal who work retail, corporate, gas stations, dont work or cant work. (i have friends???? ;) jk) But you made the point i was trying to make...the federal employee is in the SAME boat as everyone else. That someone is saying we are getting bonus pay and awards is simply not true.

Veldrina

Please do not take this the wrong way or anything in that nature because I know you help us on here.

I have read most of your posts on here and I want to say something because it is bothering me. Do you realize that us in the workforce are also having problems? Do you know that I haven't had a raise whatsoever in over 3 years? Do you know that my position in IT was eliminated in 2009 and I had to take a lower paying position in something I didn't want to do that is not even IT related?

The point I am making is you are not alone, we are all suffering and it is worse that what the government is saying it is.

Good day...