VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Fast-Track Any Va Claim..........especially Ptsd

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Get ALL your ducks in a row.

Get set up with the VA Medical Center, get your VA ID card (fill out form 10-10EZ). See your Primary Care Physician and tell them of the problems that you are having and get set up for treatment for these problems. In other words, establish a record of treatment. And get copies of this treatment. Especially important if you are being treated for PTSD at your local VA facility, you MUST get VA diagnosis for your PTSD.

Get all your Service Medical Records and get your service records showing where you were (especially pertinent to PTSD and Agent Orange). IF any of your service records show any treatment or any indication leading to the reason for your claim, get it copied to send (never, ever send originals).

Get any of your private medical treatment records if they pertain to your claim and will assist in the awarding thereof.

Get VA Form 21-526EZ (download it from the VA.gov website). Read it throughly and COMPLETELY before filling out any of the little blanks. Then, when you KNOW that you understand what they want and what you have and that you have all the info that they want.........FILL IT OUT and SEND IT IN!

You will have turned in a FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM and it will be fast tracked.

I just had one of my veterans that was awarded 70% PTSD within 29 days.

www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-526EZ-ARE.pdf

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Once again, this is something NO one has told my husband. He has applied for an increase in his PTSD and had 2 appts. with C & P. He's currently rated for 50% PTSD and 10 % hearing. (This was awarded to him through a Veterans Rep Office in Tulare Ca. in 2002.)

He has kept every appointment with the VA in Fresno and under the care of a primary care physician and psychologist since then.

In May of 2010 we heard gunshots outside our home. Gary ran toward the gunfire. He saw our neighbor fall from being shot. He turned him on his side so he would not choke on his blood and held pressure on his wounds. When the police arrived, they told him it was not considered a crime scene and to leave the victim alone. Erik, the victim, died.

As you can well imagine, the smell of blood and the whole incident has mentally disabled my husband. He is unable to work. We are filing for TDIU next week on Feb 3rd at his next appointment.

Gary was NEVER evaluated for his wounds. He was a gunner in Vietnam and shot down 3 times. (Has 3 purple hearts, silver star and bronze star for valor.) He also has shrapnel in his arm and it does give him pain.

Is this something he should apply for? Also, I know my next question should be in a different forum....BUT, does it sound like he should apply for CUE as well?

If you have any questions please ask....We are Desperate for help for him.

Also, please forgive me if I'm not asking correctly about all of this...I am just trying to help my husband and am new to all this VA information.

Thank you!

Why don't you copy and paste the above and start your own thread. You will get more advise that way. i do not want to answer your question in Larry's thread but will when you have your own.

Why don't you copy and paste the above and start your own thread. You will get more advise that way. i do not want to answer your question in Larry's thread but will when you have your own.

Help! I just tried and it shows all the html stuff! I didn't realize each thread belonged to a certain person....so sorry

Good Lord...now I have it in 3 places How do I delete? I know I'm driving you guys and gals nuts...I'm a newbie and thought I knew forums....apparently NOT...ADmins please delete my multiple messages that are duplicates...It's early here. I haven't slept and I have no business trying to be online...going back to bed! TYSVM

"Is this something he should apply for?"

YES- residuals of a GSW can include muscular involvement, as well as scar ratings.

I answered your other question in another forum-forget where-

this is not a CUE issue- CUEs are not "applied for"

He will need evidence that warrants an increase of his PTSD rating.

Does he receive SSDI disability benefits and if so what for?

Larry, great advice....I just sent my packet in under this program last week...Naturally I sent it certified with a return reciept..Wouldn't want it to get lost.....Included in the packet is nearly a years worth of treatment notes (copies) from my VA phsychiatrist and my primary care doc all with the diagnosis of PTSD on them and highlighted by me...Now I am just waiting to see what happens.........Grid

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry, great advice....I just sent my packet in under this program last week...Naturally I sent it certified with a return reciept..Wouldn't want it to get lost.....Included in the packet is nearly a years worth of treatment notes (copies) from my VA phsychiatrist and my primary care doc all with the diagnosis of PTSD on them and highlighted by me...Now I am just waiting to see what happens.........Grid

I hope you have as good a result as I've been seeing with this "program". Please let us know when you have a decision.

ljp