VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Fast-Track Any Va Claim..........especially Ptsd

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Get ALL your ducks in a row.

Get set up with the VA Medical Center, get your VA ID card (fill out form 10-10EZ). See your Primary Care Physician and tell them of the problems that you are having and get set up for treatment for these problems. In other words, establish a record of treatment. And get copies of this treatment. Especially important if you are being treated for PTSD at your local VA facility, you MUST get VA diagnosis for your PTSD.

Get all your Service Medical Records and get your service records showing where you were (especially pertinent to PTSD and Agent Orange). IF any of your service records show any treatment or any indication leading to the reason for your claim, get it copied to send (never, ever send originals).

Get any of your private medical treatment records if they pertain to your claim and will assist in the awarding thereof.

Get VA Form 21-526EZ (download it from the VA.gov website). Read it throughly and COMPLETELY before filling out any of the little blanks. Then, when you KNOW that you understand what they want and what you have and that you have all the info that they want.........FILL IT OUT and SEND IT IN!

You will have turned in a FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM and it will be fast tracked.

I just had one of my veterans that was awarded 70% PTSD within 29 days.

www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-526EZ-ARE.pdf

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I used the Fully developed claim program for my latest PTSD claim...The RO recieved my paperwork on 4 Feb , I had a C&P in late March ...I recieved a letter from the DAV on 18 April stating that I had been rated at 70% for PTSD with MDD...Haven't recieved the official VA notification yet........So, in less than 3 months I filed and was approved using this program..............grid

• HadIt.com Elder

Grid:

That is wonderful news. If you are not working you should ask for TDIU 100% and also Social Security if you are under 65.

WOW_ I sure call that one a FAST Track claim!

Pete is right. Did they defer the TDIU issue or are you still employed?

Then again-you haven't gotten their official award letter yet but best to start checking the mail or your checking account if you have direct deposit.

I would think they owe you some retro from the filing date.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

That is fast track on PTSD claim. It used to be that many got hung up on stressor verification for months if not years. Larry really condensed the process down to a T. It should be like that for claims and not a wait and see process that goes on for years with VA stumbling all over the place. When I filed my mental claim I had a letter from the Vet Center head couselor and the VA just ignored it and gave me some other DX. All I was interested in was getting the percentage, so it did not matter that much, but it still bugs me how they did it. I see it is much improved.

Maybe, I have screwed up my PTSD claim. I was given an initial C&P exam with a QTC Doctor that is very well known here in San Antonio. He only spent about 15 minutes with me, and I ask him was that enough time. He said that he has spent so much time with Vietnam Veterans that it does not take him very long to Dx for PTSD. The VA granted me 30%. Some months after that I got a letter stating that they wanted to reevaluate me for PTSD. The exam was in Oct 2010. Another Doctor did the exam and spent more time with me, and the one part that I believe the VA is having an issue with is that she clearly states in her report that the PTSD is the cause of my over eating and my obesity. I have a feeling that they did not like that statement, but it was their Doctor, not mine. I just can not understand why they can not rate my PTSD and other claims seperate from each other. I have proven and they have accepted my stressor, and when I did the fast track for my Parkinsons, I actually sent them my orders to Vietnam, and my plane tickets (went commercial) and my orders back to the states, and the manifest (Flying Tiger Back). I did not even ask for this latest PTSD exam, it was the VA's ideal, and after the exam (by their Doctor) it may have back fired on them, and they just do not like it.

Papa

Thanks to everyone here.....I am still employed so I do not think that I will get TDUI at this time...I am just grateful that they finally granted my PTSD claim.....Am also thankful for this wonderful site.I couldn't have done this without you folks out there and the great help and guidance that you provide........grid