VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This Positive News?

Rate this question

Omg-Sue

Question

It's been almost 8 months since filing for TDIU. Previously we were told that on Dec 6 there were 2 more phases. We called the 800# different times & were told the same thing. Today they said that the claim went to the final phase on Dec 16. Does that mean there WAS a decision, and what are we waiting for now?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

............and, as the sands through the hour-glass, so go the Day Of Our Lives.....................

It's been almost 8 months since filing for TDIU. Previously we were told that on Dec 6 there were 2 more phases. We called the 800# different times & were told the same thing. Today they said that the claim went to the final phase on Dec 16. Does that mean there WAS a decision, and what are we waiting for now?

Omg,

No - it does not mean (at this point) that there "WAS" a decision.

You are still just in a plain old "waiting" period.

Many times claims wil go back and forth to the different teams.

Here's some good reading for research - for you.

http://www.hadit.com/veterans_self_help_guide.html

• HadIt.com Elder

Write down the date you filed the claim and call your vso who works at the regional office. Ask them what date range is the RO actually working on?

J

Thanks everyone. I read the research Carlie recommended and, of course, I gleaned info that K will be awarded TDIU. The explanation that there really is no set route for the claim to follow still tells me it is up to the judgement of the humans in charge at VA. Ok Larry, my hourglass is almost empty! The stress of this claim has escalated K's SC of schizophrenia. He is flashing back to when he thought the guys in his unit were trying to kill him instead of the enemy. Now it's VA has it 'in for' him. And his meds had been working so well before this that I think we should have left the TDIU alone. I appreciate your patience at letting me sound off. But then, you all have been trained by experience to have LOTS of patience (with your claims).

Hello everyone! Big brown envelope came today for K (hubby). He is 100% with a catch. "a finding of incompetency is proposed".

They offer to administer the money or we can have an atty do it. However, later they say if the spouse does it she will be directly responsible for where it goes. Also, It seems they are holding the retro untill someone is appointed. anyone ever heard of this? Do I need an atty or can the RO help? Is that a good or bad idea (the RO )?