Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Ig Audit Of 100% Ers Jan 24Th 2011

Berta
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Outstanding read Berta. Thanks for sharing that with us like always.

I sent right over to Jim at VAWatchdog and he said he would post there immediately.

Thanks for your interest in this Chu Lai.

I am stuck on the 943 Mill overpayment the IG says has been made to vets since 1993.?????

I would think that should say 943 Mil UNDERpayment!

Berta,

Thanks for the post, I read every word.

I actually find it quite amusing and very humorous

in respect to the support this shows, that the whole VA is just a

huge machine with many problems and deficiencies.

The way my mind broke it all down is that I can equate

the Acting Under Secretary for Benefits to being the VBA Claimant

and the OIG to being the VBA.

Here in this document, the Acting Under Secretary for Benefits (the VBA claimant)

has to rebut and prove the errors made within the OIG Draft Report (the VBA).

Hope I expressed the way I equate, it in an understandable way.

I would love to see how they broke it down, What conditions they used for the 58000 P and T vets they omitted.

If anyone wanted to know the percentages of Disabled 100 percent Veterans, it is there in report.

John - they eliminated those 58,000 who were either amputees or had no possibility of improvement.

Then again look at the TDIU or 100% vets who are continually getting C & P exams to see if they improve.If they have PTSD there is no cure so improvement is highly unlikely.

If they have non PTSD SC then the chances are it will get worse in time- Not better.

What gets me

(but I have not had time to read this all yet_ is the 943 mil overpayment they claim has been made to vets erroneously.

If VA overpaid me some money say in 1993 and then I refunded it back to them-in 1994 that shouldn't be considered an overpayment in their total here.

Or do they mean they still need to start collecting 943 Million in overpayments to vets????

Carlie has an interesting take on all this.

And No one can really understand how any of this stuffs impacts on claimants.

As claimants , those of us who have had errors in the processing of our claims,

really understand the impact of these errors on our lives.

I wish I could read it all now but am in process as soon as I get off here to ask the VA to CUE itself AGAIN on the errors they made in my award letter.

What a disgrace. They cant even get my husband's date of death right and went over his clinical record as piss poorly as his VA doctors did.

However this decision from Buffalo VA will be good evidence for when I contact the H VAC again.

This is the award of my FTCA offset. BUT they went into an inaccurate rendition of the evidence and that is what I want them to change and also they left out all ancillary benefits I should have received.

I got them all myself but if I was a widow who did NOT know VA 101,I would NOT know I was eligible for considerable more benefits.

I dont care how they respond, but want them to correct their errors here.

If they don't the Committee H VAC will be hearing from me.Again.

I personally think it is good that some Veterans are overpaid, conceding that a 100% accuracy rate is an impossible goal. However, Thousands or millions more are underpaid. The VA's answer is to "root out" the handful that are overpaid, and ignore the millions who are underpaid, or not paid at all. I would be all for increasing the quality of decisions, and paying the right benefit to the right Veterans at the right time. This isnt happening, however.

This "one sided" report is obviously a way the VA is trying to "pay Veterans less", not to pay Veterans more equitably, because an audit of equitibility would include both Veterans who are overpaid, AND millions of Veterans who have been lowballed, delayed, or denied entirely.

We should "watch out" for reports such as this as the goal is rather obvious: reduce pay to Veterans, and probably use the money to increase VA executive bonuses. Ooops, they dont call them "bonuses" any more, they spin that and call it a "retention incentive" now...that makes it all better.

In the criminal justice system, we recognize that the American Standard of "Innocent until Proven Guilty" probably lets some criminals go free if it were reversed and you were judged guilty until you could prove your innocence. Still, we Vets have fought for the right of "innocent until proven Guilty" and Vets likewise, deserve a similar standard that their claim is deeemed to be valid, UNLESS the government could prove the Veteran is NOT entitled to benefits. It is highly peculiar that a Veterans "reward" for service to his country is that he gets less benefits as a Veteran, than he would as a civilian in a court of law, in regard to the legal standard.

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>