VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reference Va Claims Lack Of Action

Rate this question

bobbyq

Question

I had five claims I filed back in October from a far and away city in AZ. Have not heard squat so I have called the VA Regional and they are working on it. This goes on and on. No exam, letters from VA etc. Finally come to find out someone just recieved them and put all the paperwork in the file without entering them into the VA network. Also one of them had a wrong SS number on the DD214 which we knew about and we sent the DD215 correction in. Again some person probably the same one who did the other claims, filed this claim under the service number which and why the claim is lost. Finally I told them they had the 21-22 to show I was the vet rep but because it was under the wrong number I was not his rep. I finally went down there and asked for them to bring the file down, and we found all the paperwork just stuck in there. None of it being worked. They got the DD215 and the 21-22 then realized that all the submitted paperwork was correct and that they just forgot to enter it and the4 correction of the SS. Now I have inquires into the other claims. Geeezzzz then they wonder why we get so riled up and frustrated.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is SOP for my VARO. They halted work on one of my claims due to not having a DD214. I had been SC'ed for 30 years at that time. You have to stay on their backs. Just realize you have to fix things if you want it to move. The VA does not look into your file once a claim is done. This can be good and bad.

they did it on my dads claim for A&A saying they did not have his DD214. I asked them how could that be since they had it years before then they granted him things B-4. Told them to get by their fax.

This is SOP for my VARO. They halted work on one of my claims due to not having a DD214. I had been SC'ed for 30 years at that time. You have to stay on their backs. Just realize you have to fix things if you want it to move. The VA does not look into your file once a claim is done. This can be good and bad.

Bobby-will you be attending the VA's public forum?

"VA Seeks Opinion of Veterans and Public and Private Experts

WASHINGTON - The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is hosting a public

forum in Scottsdale, Ariz., aimed at improving the fairness of payments

for Veterans who are service-connected for genitourinary, digestive,

dental, infectious, immune disorder and nutritional deficiency diseases

and injuries. "

I posted the press release about 3 posts up