VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Denied In 2006

Rate this question

RONC

Question

In 2006 I filed for AO prostate cancer. I was in the brown water navy and and was aboard ship. My claim was turned down and stated " no proof of "boots on the ground" denied and "case closed". Since then I have filed a new claim with plenty of proof per the denial. My new claim was filed Nov. 2010. My question is if approved do they retro pay me back to 2006 or pay me back to the new clam(2010?). Thank you. I did nothing when denied in 2006 until I filed new claim in 2010. Still retro back to 2006? Thanks.

Edited by RONC

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"USS Montrose (APA-212) operated on Song Hue River during Dec. ’65, operated on Long Tau River during March ’67, and operated on Cua Viet River and at Dong Ha during May ’67"

That is all Brown Water tributaries.

I forgot to copy the link=- it was from MILMAG

Checked at BWN site and John Rossie has it listed there too:

http://bluewaternavy.org/shiplist3.pdf

His Danang Harbor report is a MUST read for any Blue Waters trying to prove Brown Water or boots on ground.

Have you contacted NVLSP?

If not I will bump that info up in the Agent Orange forum here at hadit.

Berta, I did contact them and they sent a letter stating my claim for PC was turned down(2006) for no "boots on the ground" and this case was closed so I probably would retro back to my new 2010 claim. Like I wrote before..I have gotten many diffent answers on my post..Thanks, Ron.

Have you advised NVLSP yet that you have submitted proof of boots on ground?

And that the USS Montrose is on the BWN ships lists and that

"my ship docked at danang pier and liberty call." ?

And that the USS Montrose is on the BWN ships lists and that you can prove that

I suggest that since you are getting different types of responses -why not call NVLSP and ask for a Nehmer Lawyer or email them again at their agentorange@nvlsp.org email addy.

1-202-265-8305 NVLSP Washington DC

'Like I wrote before..I have gotten many diffent answers on my post.."

????

If you have proof you were on Vietnamese soil and you have read the Nehmer Training letter as to retroactive dates-and have diagnosed IHD I dont understand why anyone is differing with the posts here as to the EED.

We think it SHOULD be the 2006 date- we have no idea what date the VA might come up with and they might be wrong.

"If someone here has questioned the 2006 retro date I agreed you should get -ask them to show us their support for that in the Nehmer Training Guide." and tell us who they are.

And that the USS Montrose is on the BWN ships lists and that you can prove that

I suggest that since you are getting different types of responses -why not call NVLSP and ask for a Nehmer Lawyer or email them again at their agentorange@nvlsp.org email addy.

1-202-265-8305 NVLSP Washington DC

'Like I wrote before..I have gotten many diffent answers on my post.."

????

If you have proof you were on Vietnamese soil and you have read the Nehmer Training letter as to retroactive dates-and have diagnosed IHD I dont understand why anyone is differing with the posts here as to the EED.

We think it SHOULD be the 2006 date- we have no idea what date the VA might come up with and they might be wrong.

"If someone here has questioned the 2006 retro date I agreed you should get -ask them to show us their support for that in the Nehmer Training Guide." and tell us who they are.

Berta, this is from NVLSP RE:12-09-10 (my2006 claim PC). It does not appear that your case falls within the guide lines for readjudication under the Nehmer court order because your claim was originally filed after the VA added prostate cacer to it"s list of presumptively service conneted diseases. ..end. Also the conflicting posts were not from Hadit but another site...Thanks Berta.

"It does not appear that your case falls within the guide lines for readjudication under the Nehmer court order because your claim was originally filed after the VA added prostate cacer to it"s list of presumptively service conneted diseases. ..end. "

That doesnt make sense-

If you filed a claim for prostate AO cancer after those regs were published and it was denied due to no proof of boots on the ground-which you now have- why wouldn't it fall under Nehmer?

It would Not however be part of the new AO presumptive adjudications.

I think we are missing something here- but don't know what it is or why NVLSP would make that statement.

Did your prostate cancer raise to a ratable level when that claim was denied?

I am baffled by the statement from NVLSP.