VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cvc Got My Appeal

Rate this question

Guest fla_viking

Question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

I dont have to call CVC to make sure they got my appeal. I have gotten two letters from attys wanting to look at my claim. That happens once the cleark at CVC registers our appeals.

I will call them tommrow to see how willing they are to represent veterans.

Terry Higgins

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You know, we ought to do what the kids do on college campuses, rating their professors and discussing who's good, and who isn't, and why. We should do the same kind of things with attorneys, I know I would appreciate the feedback before making a decision. There's one person I have in mind who I would caution everyone against, and for very specific reasons. If we had known about this person beforehand, we would have never wasted our time.

Terry-when I filed my Mandamus Writ with the court many years ago-

I got 12-14 letters from attorneys-maybe even more than that-

I knew my writ would not succeed-but a copy of it to the VARO did seem to get them working on my claim-

I figured I might need one of these guys some day and I called a few of them and asked them for the dockets of COVA cases they won and also a few dockets of the ones they lost-

This was in the days before you could access CAVC online and see what lawyers vets had used and what their success rate was.

One or two (maybe one was Ken Carpenter?) were quite willing to give me some cases they worked on-

Some of the others did not really speak VA legalise at all-and didnt seem to have a clue on 38 CFR.

The court has barred a few lawyers too I think-it pays to check out any lawyer who claims expertise in VA case law. If you succeed they get a big chunk.