VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd And Claim

Rate this question

fielg

Question

My husband submitted an agent orange claim in 1994. VSO at hospital wrote the claim" "for all and any diseases associated with Agent Orange". IT WAS DENIED.

He was wounded in Vietnam and has suffered: severe gastro problems (cholecystitus) right after service with hospitalization, medications, and surgery, severe skin rashes, Stage IV colon cancer, high sugar levels, high blood pressure, abdominal aortic dissection, renal damage from overdose from VA hospital, perforated colon, colostomy and recent carotid artery test showed 50% blockage in left side. Today he got a call from regional office for a heart test on Tuesday. What type of test would they do and what is ischemic heart disease. If they grant his claim, is it possible that it would be retroactive to 1994?

Thank you for any comments.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Ischemic heart disease is the same as cornary artey disease. File a claim for it as related to agent orange. As far as falling under the Nehmer rule I don't know because the original claim was too general. Other with more knowledge will chime in. Good luck and file the claim ASAP. Good luck

• HadIt.com Elder

He is a nehmer class member and IHD is the blockage you listed.

If he did file a claim for Agent Orange, get a copy of what he filed. He should get retro.

He also may be connected for his cancer, diabetes and any other Agent Orange related issue.

You need a Good VSO or possibly an attorney to help.

Thank him for his service and encourage him that he will win.

J Basser

Edited by jbasser

They will do a METS test if feasible and also an ECHO.

Tese are the tests they use for the ratings.

"renal damage from overdose from VA hospital, perforated colon, colostomy"

"My husband submitted an agent orange claim in 1994. VSO at hospital wrote the claim" "for all and any diseases associated with Agent Orange". IT WAS DENIED. "

Has this VSO or any other rep suggested he could have basis for a Section 1151,38 USC claim?

to add-

"high sugar levels"

Has he formally been diagnosed with DMII?

Was the renal problem in any way related to his DMII or caused by his DMII?

I know you are getting hit with a lot of questions but I am curious. In 1994 was the claim put in by the VSO after an "Agent Orange exam"? If it was they should have given him a copy of it. Get a hold of it and see what the doctor DXed your husband with at that time. I would also recommend you go to the MC if you haven't and get a copy of his medical records from the ROI office.

then come back on here and let us know what you found out!

to add-

"high sugar levels"

to add-

"high sugar levels"