VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed Out

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

just today. it was sent to the supervisor on friday last week. bad part?? the computers havent updated the "status" so they couldnt tell me yay or nay. poo! the anticipation is killing me and my mind is running wild. did he really know and just didnt want to tell me it was declined? he could see the letter was already mailed out. shouldnt it show if it was awarded or declined? how long will the computers take to actually "update" the status? gahhh.....a million and one questions.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

called again today....they sd it was actually illegal to inform of the status over the phone. who knew! policy or law (dont remember) states it must be done via letter. but, when i was awarded my initial claim in 2009, they told me over the phone. :(

still no letter, no answers. nobody is able to tell me anything on the phone. i should have rcvd the letter by now. what do they do if u never get the letter?

I'm right there with you CLW4514.....It seems like a big ugly game. I'm trying to help my husband. We keep getting the runaround at the VA and with his Rep.

well, now im more than just pissed. im frustrated. a decision was made on tues this past wk. they couldnt tell me over the phone citing law. then dug a little deeper on here and someone sd they can fax it. i call, she says yes. never rcvd the fax. i call back next day and was told no, they cannot fax it. again, they cited law. i asked for another letter to be sent out and no, u have to wait 10 days. i ask what my current rating is and she sd unless the letter says otherwise, its the same. wtf??? so, she directs me to the regional AL since they helped me on the initial claim for benefits. mind u, that was in memphis,tn and i didnt use them this round. didnt think there was a need. it was pretty cut and dry. she goes on to say, they will still get a copy of the decision. i call them, the woman had no freakin clue what i was talking about. she sd that i am not in their system and she cant help. so, she gives me another # to call. wanna guess what it was?? the main VA 800#. so, here it is the following saturday after the decision was made and still no letter. our regional office is only 250 miles and there wasnt any of the bad wx between there and here. there was no call for delays on that mail route. and just to make it that much more frustrating, the tags for our van were sent from memphis,tn on wed/thurs this week and we got them today.

i just do not understand why it is taking so long to get the letter. all this mayhem makes me think it was declined and nobody wants to tell me.

deltawife - hang in there....