VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Called Regional Va Office And Was Told That I Was A Level 7

Rate this question

3 years to retire

Question

Has anyone else been placed in a higher level (such as 7) and been advised by the VA that U could only talk to certain employees. I might add there have been no reason given that I was placed in the level 7 category.

I asked for legal advise on this situation. Below is the exchange.

"Sir

I called the VA to check on the status of our appeal. When I got connected with a VA agent, I was told that I was a # 7, and he did not have the authority to speak to me. He took my phone number and said that a VA agent with authority to speak to a level 7 veteran would call me back.

When I got a call back from the VA I was told that they could not tell me why I was placed at level 7 in the system. Also, he told me he could not tell me when I was placed at level 7 in the system

He told me that most of the time it is because the Veteran works for the VA. When I told him that I have never worked at the VA, he could not give me a clue. I was uncomfortable giving my data to him over the phone, since he was the one who called me...my telephone ID the call as coming from the ' VA 1 800 827-1000' but there was no other proof... that he was really from the VA. I have never heard of this before, so I wanted to run it by U.

I was wondering, have U ever heard of this security system by the VA? Can U share with me anything about it?

He did tell me that our appeal was in line for Decision Review Officer (DRO) and it could take anywhere from 6 to 18 months before we hear anything.

Thanks

I wait for your response.

3 years to retire"

"Hello

I think DRO review is what we R waiting for; the "level 7" is assigned for cases as they ascend the system of appeals, and is assigned for a variety of reasons, the first being a former or current employee; BUT there are several other triggers that would result in that assignment; I THINK one of them being just a DRO request (maybe with an attorney rep in the picture, too).

I don't have a source for that information yet; but I do not think it alarming; they're just COVERED UP with appeals, and have to sort them somehow, and maybe this is a new system; I'm too new in the system myself to have run across this designation; but will keep looking!"

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Been a Level 7 for a few years and was told the same reason/work for VA. Nope. Has not made any difference in way claims were worked for years. either. In fact I posted it here a few years ago questioning it too.