VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Advice On Old Claim

Rate this question

RuskiLinguist

Question

Hello All! I just want to start by thanking in advance all of the pearls of wisdom that the collective masses provide here.

I originally filed a claim for hearing loss and tinnitus (as well as other issues) back in July of 1998 when I got out of the military. I was awarded 10% back then, and just recently got raised to 100% SC for PTSD, MDD and Alcohol Abuse. The effective date for that rating was October of 2009.

I was denied service connection for the hearing loss and tinnitus back in 1998, even though the military was the only life I had known to that point.

Now I see the Fast Letter 10-35 which basically concedes hearing loss and tinnitus for my Duty MOS.

How should I approach this claim? Just asking, because if I can get 10 or 20% added back to 1998, then we are not talking about chump change here. 20% added to my other 10% will make it 30% and the dependent $$$$$'s would be retro as well.

Any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Sincerely,

Your Ruski Linguist

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This is a new one on me. Can some one elaborate on the "fast letter" to reopen a claim? I like this "Larry idea", but has anyone tried it and it worked? Are you suggesting citing the "fast letter" as new and material evidence, or which fast letter are you talking about? Thanks.

Bronco

bronco,

It's in reference to his first post in the thread.

"Now I see the Fast Letter 10-35 which basically concedes hearing loss and tinnitus for my Duty MOS."

I myself have not viewed nor studied this supposedly fast letter, but if it exists and supports Tinnitus

due to a MOS and it would be like N&M to re-open the claim issue.