VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anemia

Rate this question

Reddit

Question

oK Here it is. I don't understand but I am trying to.

Okay, I was told they look at your treatment record and your diagnose at that time. let me just run this by everyone.

i file a disability claim for iron deficiency anemia. I have been on medication since basic training. diagnose in basic traing as CHRONIC anemia.

Ok I file my claim for compensation and this is what came back in 1999.

Service medical records show that the veteran was diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia in 1989. (which should have been 1988, when I enter the miltary). This condition is evaulated as 0 percent disabling from December 11, 1997. A noncompensable evaulation is assigned whenever hemoglobin is recorded as 10gm/100 ml or less with no symptomatology.

Service medical records show that the veteran was diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia in 1989. Blood tests in May 1992 revealed hemoglobin of 9.8gm and hematocrit of 30.1 percent. At the May 1998 VA examination, the veteran's hemoglobin was found to be 10gm and her hematocrit was 31.6 percent. The veteran reported no symptoms related to the condition and did not indicate that she was on medication. The examiner diagnosed anemia.

I WAS ON IRON MEDICATION AT THE TIME, and still is on iron medication as of today. but, i know the examier did not as me was i on any medication nor ask me anything about anemia. because he didn't get the blood test done until another time(day)

Now, what do I have here, or do I have nothing.

This C&P was done back in 1998, and everything they did on me has been a mess :rolleyes:

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am being scoped (in June) for esophageal varices because I have splenic vein thrombosis (I also had portal vein thrombosis, and have necratizing pancreatitis).. though the doctor is going to make sure no one ever again tries to use ECRP procedure on me, that last time almost killed me...

• HadIt.com Elder

okay just left the doctore on yesterday. He is the one that did the hysterectomy. well he gave me a letter stating that the total hysterectomy was due to marked anemia, heavy menstrual bleeding and fibroid cyst.

so, is this enough. my blood level drop while I was in surgery to 6 :mellow:

It sounds like you shoud consider filing a claim woth V.A. for service connection of loss of a creative organ in a hysterectomy secondary to service-connected anemia.

It sounds like you shoud consider filing a claim woth V.A. for service connection of loss of a creative organ in a hysterectomy secondary to service-connected anemia.

DeltJ:

Do I have to file for this even though I have file for hysterectomy secondary to service-connected anemia. will they approve the creative organ loss and the temporary 100 percent.

I don't know what to do about the anemia. After the hysterectomy, i think the anemia got a little better.