VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lost About Smc

Rate this topic

I have the following serviced connected / Rated disabilities and want to know if I can receive SMC.

1.PTSD at 80%

2. IHD tied to AO and PTSD at 60%.

Might go to 100% as my recent C&P showed 3-5 METS with unstable angina,dizziness,syncope

3.Lumbrosacral or Cervical Strain at 50%

4.Paralysis of sciatic nerve at 10%

5.Hypertensive vascular disease at 10% / 5 way by-pass

6. Loss of motion ring or little finger at 0% ./ VA operated on my finger when I returned from Vietnam in 1970.

They said they could fix the pip joint and when I woke up they had fussed the bond in a fix position. I have been fighting this rating for 42 years.

7 Scars from wounds at 0%

8. New rating coming of ED

Thanks

RT

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You should be able to get SMC "K" for the ED. Are you TDIU? If you are TDIU plus 60% you should be eligible for SMC "S". If you are actually housebound then you could also apply for "S" but you have to prove it unless you are total plus 60%. You must be very, very close to actual 100% with those ratings. If your IHD goes to 100% then you would sure be in line for "S" and maybe more if you need help taking care of yourself.

Hi John,

Thanks for the information.

I am at TDIU with the PTSD and then 60% with the IHD. Can you tell me what the amount is for SMC "K" or SMC "S".

RT

You should be able to get SMC "K" for the ED. Are you TDIU? If you are TDIU plus 60% you should be eligible for SMC "S". If you are actually housebound then you could also apply for "S" but you have to prove it unless you are total plus 60%. You must be very, very close to actual 100% with those ratings. If your IHD goes to 100% then you would sure be in line for "S" and maybe more if you need help taking care of yourself.

• HadIt.com Elder

"K" is around 90 dollars and "S" is about 300 dollars. We are not talking about a huge amount of money considering the loss.

If you have any qualifying disabilities that can be rated under CFR 3.350(K) then you may receive up to 3 'K' awards as long as you have 0% compensation up to 'N' smc. 'K' awards may not be added to R1 or R2. To have any other smc (L to O)you need at least a 100% statuatory rating.

Edited by Rich T

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the information. Not sure how it will play out,but hope to have an award in the next few months.

Been a battle and look forward to some mental rest after the win.

RDT

If you have any qualifying disabilities that can be rated under CFR 3.350(K) then you may receive up to 3 'K' awards as long as you have 0% compensation up to 'N' smc. 'K' awards may not be added to R1 or R2. To have any other smc (L to O)you need at least a 100% statuatory rating.