VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Numbers On Claims

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE SKINNY ON THE NUMBERS ON OUR CLAIMS

WHERE THEY SAY:

IN REPLY REFER TO

EXAMPLE:310/C

AP/TR

AND SO ON..........

I AM GUESSING THEY GIVE YOU A CLUE WHERE IT IS AT :blush:

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Yes, on page 112 of the Nehmer training guide I found the numbers for the locations. Yours appears to be 310 Philadelphia. I looked at the Training guide for June of 2010. There is also a guide for September of 2010. Someone else can help with the other letters and code. I used this with my claim and it figured out to be correct.

Susan

Right- the three digits refers to the VARO.

The initials refer to the person who made the decision regarding the initials in the re: .

I direct all of my stuff Attention to: and then the initials and put this on the envelopes as well as letters to them before I type Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office.

The initials could be coded backwards for the employee-that would not surprise me as the days when someone from VA would actually sign their name are over.

Still coded or not VARO knows who this person is.

I suggest too if anyone formally gripes in writing to VA about an erroneous decision make sure you use those initials too r better yet send them copy of the whole decision.

I mean those of us who gripe to VA entities higher than the VARO and BVA or COngress etc.

They reply to is actually used for STAR review. That way they know who did the work on that particular claim and who to access the mistake to. It is usually the Veteran Service Representative that worked on the claim. It will indicate pre or post determination. The person who made the decision is kept secret. They will black it out when you ask for a copy of the claim folder. They are GODS and don't you forget it.