VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temp 100% For A Service Connected Condition

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I am trying to find out how to go about the temp 100% for my sc condition. do you have to wait until youare already in the hospital for 21 days or do you/ can you do the paperwork as soon as you are in. please advise i am trying to und the process. I am going into an inpatient program and need to figure out what to do and how. How do you apply for it, do you just call the toll free number or are there other ways. Please help. I will at least be in the hospital 30-90 days once I am in there. please help and tell me how it works thnx in advance.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Since you would need records to prove that you were hospitalized more than 21 days, I would think that you have to apply retroactively. I doubt that the VA will pay you in advance for a hospital stay, or even while it is occurring. It has been my experience that the VA pays after the fact.

I could be wrong, maybe someone else has done it differently.

But after your stay is completed, all you need to do is fill out a VA from 21-4138 Statement of Claim and the records from your hospital stay and sent it to your VARO - remember to put your Social Security number at the top of each page.

Hope this helps...

A person I know who is in a treatment program now had to sign all the treatment consent forms upon the first day of admission. The program director informed him the VARO would receive confirmation regarding his participation in the treatment program in the 4th week and then at the completion of the program. The vet said he was concerned about financial responsibilities he had, and that's why they told him that.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am trying to find out how to go about the temp 100% for my sc condition. do you have to wait until youare already in the hospital for 21 days or do you/ can you do the paperwork as soon as you are in. please advise i am trying to und the process. I am going into an inpatient program and need to figure out what to do and how. How do you apply for it, do you just call the toll free number or are there other ways. Please help. I will at least be in the hospital 30-90 days once I am in there. please help and tell me how it works thnx in advance.

I don't know a lot about this. The regulation number used to be 38 CFR 4.29 but I think I later saw the regulation at 38 CFR 4.129. I think these claims can be filed while the patient is an inpatient after the 21st day of hospitalization with the help of a service organization.

Does anyone know how long it takes to have the temp 100% awarded once they are passed that 21st day. is it like a regular claim or does it move somewhat faster... has anyone here done it and if so will you tell me how your experience was.