VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Atlanta Ro's Ship Is Sinking Fast

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

ATLANTA RO

Week ..........................................% of Claims OVER 125 Days ........................................# of claims OVER 125 Days

12/6/2010 .....................................................45.9%......................................................................12,338

12/13/2010....................................................46.8%......................................................................12,714

12/20/2010....................................................47.9%......................................................................13,166

12/27/2010....................................................49.5%......................................................................13,784

01/03/2011....................................................51.3%......................................................................14,306

01/10/2011....................................................53.1%......................................................................14,906

01/15/2011....................................................54.4%......................................................................15,345

01/31/2011....................................................57.6%......................................................................16,491

02/07/2011....................................................59.1%......................................................................17,191

In just 2 months the ATLANTA RO has added another 4,853 claims to their OVER 125 days roster for a new total of 17.191 claims over 125 days.

Thats a 13.2% jump.

BY THE END OF FEBRUARY, 2011 Atlanta will join the list of most unproductive RO's in the entire VA organization when they top 60% of their claims being over 125 days in production. What happened to the PLEDGE to get claims processed in LESS than 125 days?

EXCUSES is all you get. The numbers don't LIE the VA DOES......

At what point will someone from Washington step in and say enough is enough with Atlanta?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Again, let's all try and keep a cool head,,,this will prevail in the end. They are all human and work for a living. There are procedures and regs in place to use as a guideline by the RO's. You have the ability to either be patient or move on to another RO. And...no she is NOT smokin anything. She is only trying to moderate and give you information/advice, not be adversarial. I'll apologize to you for him Sharon.

Stinger,

Who is adversarial? Why do you (with 3 posts) feel the need to apologize on my behalf?

I have nothing to apologize for. I was responding to a comment made that I took to be that if I didn't like the Atlanta RO I should change the RO. I'm sorry, but if Atlanta is not performing to the standards the solution is NOT to change RO's but to correct the problem in Atlanta. I don't happen to feel moving my claim to another RO is the solution. It's Atlanta's duty and responsibility.

Requesting to have my claim transferred to another RO would derail my current claim and add months, if not years, to the process. It would almost be like starting over. The suggestion to make such a request at this stage of the claims process is not in my best interests. After all, with only 3 posts, you hardly know by background, the background of my claim or anything else about me.

The bottom line is don't apologize to anyone on my behalf. I earned the right to do that for myself if I feel the need.

• HadIt.com Elder

All RO's ships are made out of Styrofoam and wrapped in Kevlar. They cannot sink. They just keep getting slower and slower.

If a Moderator tells you something, especially one who knows the ins and outs of the VA better than we do, I would Listen to her if I were you.

J

Stinger,

Who is adversarial? Why do you (with 3 posts) feel the need to apologize on my behalf?

I have nothing to apologize for. I was responding to a comment made that I took to be that if I didn't like the Atlanta RO I should change the RO. I'm sorry, but if Atlanta is not performing to the standards the solution is NOT to change RO's but to correct the problem in Atlanta. I don't happen to feel moving my claim to another RO is the solution. It's Atlanta's duty and responsibility.

Requesting to have my claim transferred to another RO would derail my current claim and add months, if not years, to the process. It would almost be like starting over. The suggestion to make such a request at this stage of the claims process is not in my best interests. After all, with only 3 posts, you hardly know by background, the background of my claim or anything else about me.

The bottom line is don't apologize to anyone on my behalf. I earned the right to do that for myself if I feel the need.

JHAWKS

What are the standards? Or...are they niot meeting your standards. At any rate, comments like "what are you smoking are unnecessary" as a response for an idea you might consider. Do you KNOW how long I have been reading this forum, or how much I am familiaer with what you have previously posted? I think not. Just like you, I am a disabled vet and have a claim being actively worked. Just like you, I get frustrated. Unlike you, I have chosen a different route to vent, because it really gets nowhere for either me or my emotions. Don't worry. I will respect your "earned" rights, it goes both ways. Karma is ALWAYS there in the end.

Sharon,

My momma certainly didn't drop me on my head. Change RO's in mid stream? What you smokin girl?

JHawks,

This is a real good way for you to loose guidance and suggestions from someone

that pretty much knows, what the hell they are talking about.

You might want to read thru older posts to check out people knowledge base before

questioning what they've posted.

I feel you are as likely as not joking when you posted, "What you smokin girl?",

but some might be offended by this, as I would.

I wonder what value the "Guidance" of requesting a change in RO location in the middle of the claims process actually is? Is that a reasonable option? Would it not delay the process further?

The idea to even suggest any individual change RO's when their claim is at the RATER"S is over the top. I don't care who the person is that suggest such a thing. Anyone with an ounce on sense would now changing RO's in the middle of this process, especially when the claim is at the raters, it over the top.

My original post only brings to light the fact that Atlanta is falling further and further behind. At some point in time, sooner than later, Atlanta could easily hit 70% of their claims over 125 days. Veterans have been promised by Obama, the Secretary of the VA and all the politco's that the VA would be clearing claims at or below the 125 day mark. Obviously that is not the case. The numbers show clogging of the system with no end in reasonable sight.

That was the subject of my post. Yet, I am attacked and basically told if I don't like it move my claim. That doesn't solve the problem at hand. it reminds me of those who say if you don't like living in the US move to another country. I fought for my rights, fought for my country and I will not move my claim when it's at the rater. that would be insane!

I wonder what value the "Guidance" of requesting a change in RO location in the middle of the claims process actually is? Is that a reasonable option? Would it not delay the process further?

The idea to even suggest any individual change RO's when their claim is at the RATER"S is over the top. I don't care who the person is that suggest such a thing. Anyone with an ounce on sense would now changing RO's in the middle of this process, especially when the claim is at the raters, it over the top.

My original post only brings to light the fact that Atlanta is falling further and further behind. At some point in time, sooner than later, Atlanta could easily hit 70% of their claims over 125 days. Veterans have been promised by Obama, the Secretary of the VA and all the politco's that the VA would be clearing claims at or below the 125 day mark. Obviously that is not the case. The numbers show clogging of the system with no end in reasonable sight.

That was the subject of my post. Yet, I am attacked and basically told if I don't like it move my claim. That doesn't solve the problem at hand. it reminds me of those who say if you don't like living in the US move to another country. I fought for my rights, fought for my country and I will not move my claim when it's at the rater. that would be insane!

JHawks,

If you'd bother to notice - what sharon posted was in reply to the Atlanta office info you posted.

Go back and re-read the thread - You had made no mention of YOUR SPECIFIC claim or what stage of the adjudication process

YOUR CLAIM is in.

sharon's post did not in any way provide "The idea to even suggest any individual change RO's when their claim is at the RATER"S is over the top.".

As for your claim being at the "raters" - hell it could still be sent back to pre-determination for additional development.

At the "raters" does not mean someone is actively concluding the adjudication of your claim issues.

It just means - you are still in a holding pattern.

I do not see anywhere in this thread where you have been "attacked".

Just about everyone here did there time in the military.

No one here told you to " move my claim when it's at the rater". - You had not even referred to YOUR claim.

Your topic was about Atlanta RO lack of timeliness.